Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VVTi problem

Options
  • 01-04-2008 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi guys,

I think the VVTi in my car (Lexus IS200) may have stopped working, it doesn't have quite the same kick (if any) when i get over 5,000rpm. Just wondering if anybody knows what the cause might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Is the engine management light on?
    I'd get the car hooked up to a OBDII fault code reader and see what it says. If you dont want to go to the Toyota/Lexus dealers, most independent garages have them. Check out the lexus forums for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Mysteron

Senna wrote: »
    Is the engine management light on?
    I'd get the car hooked up to a OBDII fault code reader and see what it says. If you dont want to go to the Toyota/Lexus dealers, most independent garages have them. Check out the lexus forums for more details.[/QUOTE

No the light isn't on.

I was actually looking at your car on carzone before you posted that reply, what a coincidence, nice car, a friend of mine is looking for one, i sent him your number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Cheers for that.

If there's no engine light but the car doesn't seem to engage vvti, i'd get a garage to look at it. I did hear that if the engine doesn't have enough oil pressure it wont engage the vvti, so it might be a sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

go to the main dealer with it they can do a active test on it with there obd tester. so they can tell you if its working or not.

Advertisement