Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Funk is the ONLY music genre allowed to be discussed!

Options
  • 01-04-2008 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭

From now on.. due to popular request, only the soothing funk and jazzy.. ermm.. jazz of Jazz-Funk shall be discussed in the 'Music' forum.

Some slap-bass may be tolerated.. but any Electro (and particularly Gary Numan) shall NOT BE TOLERATED in any way, shape or form.

Instant ban with be dished out for anyone who even utters a song title from Gary Numan's back-catalogue.

For an example of the genre of 'Jazz-Funk' (as well as the outlawed and downright dangerous 'Electro'), click below:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Better do as he says or he'll crawl inside you like a warm kitten!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Rofl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fair enough. Although can we abbreviate "jazz funk" to "junk"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Dudess wrote: »
    Fair enough. Although can we abbreviate "jazz funk" to "junk"?

Great idea then when bring your Jazz Funk collection to a record fair in the boot of you car only to get there and realize its an Electro fair the guy running the fair could ask
    "What you going to with all that Junk inside your trunk?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D But I like both!

Those Soviets sure knew how to funk.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

basquille wrote: »
    From now on.. due to popular request, only the soothing funk and jazzy.. ermm.. jazz of Jazz-Funk shall be discussed in the 'Music' forum.

Some slap-bass may be tolerated.. but any Electro (and particularly Gary Numan) shall NOT BE TOLERATED in any way, shape or form.

Instant ban with be dished out for anyone who even utters a song title from Gary Numan's back-catalogue.

For an example of the genre of 'Jazz-Funk' (as well as the outlawed and downright dangerous 'Electro'), click below:

I thought Funk had it's very own forum here on "Boards" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Great idea then when bring your Jazz Funk collection to a record fair in the boot of you car only to get there and realize its an Electro fair the guy running the fair could ask
    "What you going to with all that Junk inside your trunk?"
    Y'see? Just one of the myriad of reasons why such an abbreviation is a good idea - nay, a vital one.

Lol :D

mike65 wrote: »
    :D But I like both!

Those Soviets sure knew how to funk.

Mike.
    Thats nice.

Jazz flute guy reminds me alot of Ron Burgundy!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Instant classics :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill