Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Bans for WhiteEire88 and EireAlone18

Options
  • 01-04-2008 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

For posting two separate threads asking for feedback on their instructions (which were posted) for explosive devices. EireAlone18was posting about a triggering device for capping hoemade explosives and WhiteEire88 was asking about Saltpeter.

I delted their posts but both should be site banned.

also deleted posts in politics about a White Supremicist Rally in Donnybrook this weekend.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

PSI wrote: »
    also deleted posts in politics about a White Supremicist Rally in Donnybrook this weekend.

Why? That's a good healthy activity that kids should be encouraged to go to, instead of loitering on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

For posting two separate threads asking for feedback on their instructions (which were posted) for explosive devices. EireAlone18was posting about a triggering device for capping hoemade explosives and WhiteEire88 was asking about Saltpeter.

You should have merged the threads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Agreed merging all 3 and move to the Survivalists forum would have been my choice, seems a tad harsh to me. Smells like someone is trying to exceed ban targets again, we have spoken about over achieving before, you are setting an unrealistic precedent for the new mods as few if any will ever achieve the zenlike level of moderation that you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've said this before and I'll say it again. While I appreciate the monetary feedback I have been given throughout the years for reaching bantargets I still think that targets ruin the ethos of moderating. This is the perfect example. If you reward someone for a part of their role that they should be doing anyway (when they see fit) then of course there are going to be over-zealous heavy handed actions. It's human nature.

I'm seeing a few new faces on the moderator forum tonight (wtf?) so if there are more mods then we'll just end up having multiplications of heavy handedness and *bang* boards is out of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if you're going to have a go at one of my suggestions, at least have the decency to do it to my face.

I made it VERY clear what I wanted to see happening - IF the bantargets are removed, then the bonus HAS to be rolled into our basic salary. It's alright for you, you have a whole bunch of forums, and you can sell the weird PI threads to that mag, but I've only one, and if you take away the bantarget, I won't be able to live on my mods salary alone.

I don't see what the problem is, it's not as if the money isn't there? I know there was the whole thing about Ruu making up accounts just so as he could ban them but you can't punish us all because of one bad apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

WhiteEire88? - Was WhiteEire taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

EireAlone18was posting about a triggering device for capping hoemade explosives

God be with the days when the worst a hoe would do was rob yer wallet :(

tbh wrote: »
    if you're going to have a go at one of my suggestions, at least have the decency to do it to my face.
    Here we go again :rolleyes:
    I made it VERY clear what I wanted to see happening - IF the bantargets are removed, then the bonus HAS to be rolled into our basic salary.
    Fine whatever, I don't care anymore. Good luck with that though now with all the new mods..
    It's alright for you, you have a whole bunch of forums, and you can sell the weird PI threads to that mag, but I've only one, and if you take away the bantarget, I won't be able to live on my mods salary alone.
    Buy from, you forget, I buy them from that mag. Out of my own pocket. Where do you think that money goes? Not only into improving the forum but I am making boards more popular by doing so, so I deserve it more. Nobody is stopping you from doing the same. (I know you do it too though)
    I don't see what the problem is, it's not as if the money isn't there? I know there was the whole thing about Ruu making up accounts just so as he could ban them but you can't punish us all because of one bad apple.
    I can't really comment on that due to the gag order but it's probably best for all of us if we don't go into that side of things any more. There are a lot of new mods here now and they can all get ideas.

Now, will you please just give it a rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

Sherifu wrote: »
    WhiteEire88? - Was WhiteEire taken?

at a guess: 88

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Syke wrote: »

so does this mean that all those whipersnappers born in 1988 cant use tohe old tag on yer birthyear trick if a handle had been taken

ie Mahatma77 or the like.

Right I'm off ta use me newfound moddin powah to ban all those 18 and 20 yearolds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Vexorg wrote: »
    Agreed merging all 3 and move to the Survivalists forum would have been my choice, seems a tad harsh to me. Smells like someone is trying to exceed ban targets again, we have spoken about over achieving before, you are setting an unrealistic precedent for the new mods as few if any will ever achieve the zenlike level of moderation that you have.

All she is trying to do is get her monthly bonus! its difficult to live on mod wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Syke wrote: »
    :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I made it VERY clear what I wanted to see happening - IF the bantargets are removed, then the bonus HAS to be rolled into our basic salary. It's alright for you, you have a whole bunch of forums, and you can sell the weird PI threads to that mag, but I've only one, and if you take away the bantarget, I won't be able to live on my mods salary alone..

Jeez tbh, all you ever fuking do is whinge, whinge, whinge. I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

It's not our fault you didn't cut the grade, you should count yourself very lucky indeed to get any forum at all to mod.
    As far as I know it was a sympaty modship you got due to that pathetic display you put on for Vex at the last boards beer.

Gordon wrote: »

Now, will you please just give it a rest?

I'll give it a rest when you tell us where all the sterling came from.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Jeez tbh, all you ever fuking do is whinge, whinge, whinge. I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

It's not our fault you didn't cut the grade, you should count yourself very lucky indeed to get any forum at all to mod.
    As far as I know it was a sympaty modship you got due to that pathetic display you put on for Vex at the last boards beer.

sympathy schmimpathy, I made the mans knees shake, I earned my forum.

Typical SMods, backing each other up.

I'll give it a rest when you tell us where all the sterling came from.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    It's just resting in my Swiss bank account, nothing wrong with that?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

sympathy schmimpathy, I made the mans knees shake, I earned my forum.

Ya.
    From fear.
    Typical SMods, backing each other up.

And you suck. Big time.

if you reversed the order of my quotes in your post, you'd be about right.

Well all I can say is that now the normal users have mod access, your evil reign of terror is either going to end, or get easier.

bah.

Advertisement