Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You guys were right all along.

Options
  • 01-04-2008 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I've had a change of view, I now personally believe there is no God. After watching a few hours worth of Dawkins on Youtube, and reading several very interesting articles on the Web, I find this to be the only logical conclusion.

Fooled ya.

:D:D:D:D

Mods, you don't like it? Tough(to quote Father Ted) I had my fun.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Don't ban him. Seriously, this guy is an endless source of self-defeating idiocy. I didn't fall for it anyway, you're not smart enough for a second to get most of the arguments Richard Dawkins makes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Zillah wrote: »
    Don't ban him. Seriously, this guy is an endless source of self-defeating idiocy. I didn't fall for it anyway, you're not smart enough for a second to get most of the arguments Richard Dawkins makes.

Believe me, its not that difficult to comprehend. If it was any of his books, then yeah, I would agree, but he talks too slowly to not understand what he's talking about. Anyway, the only real thing I'm concerned about is secular morality, so his views on how our morality has evolved is the only thing of interest to me.
    I'm actually not all that content with his conclusions either. I'm glady open to hearing our morality has evolved(this would be a good thing) but saying we get it from 'laws', 'the golden rule' and society in general is of no comfort to me. It makes human morality too fickle in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It makes human morality too fickle in my opinion.
    Morality is fickle, look at the amount of people willing to completely side step it or convince themselves what they are doing is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

He tricked us!

Ban Him!! Ban Him!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Brilliant!

Picked a nice day to do a u-turn too esteban.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wicknight wrote: »
    He tricked us!

Ban Him!! Ban Him!!
    Crucify him! Crucify him!

Ahh esteban, you crafty swine! :D I trust that you'll see the light eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Wicknight wrote: »
    He tricked us!

Ban Him!! Ban Him!!
    I can't, he is a mod for the day and will just unban himself, i'll go with the crucify option. You could always enjoy the new power and ban him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I strolled into the forum this morning wondering who was going to start an April 1st thread... Then I saw "You guys were right all along" by estebancambias and I didn't even have to open it!

Oh, the joys!

Believe me, its not that difficult to comprehend. If it was any of his books, then yeah, I would agree, but he talks too slowly to not understand what he's talking about. Anyway, the only real thing I'm concerned about is secular morality, so his views on how our morality has evolved is the only thing of interest to me.
    I'm actually not all that content with his conclusions either. I'm glady open to hearing our morality has evolved(this would be a good thing) but saying we get it from 'laws', 'the golden rule' and society in general is of no comfort to me. It makes human morality too fickle in my opinion.

"I don't like x, therefore x is untrue" is your entire mindset. What a strange and fluid universe you experience.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    "I don't like x, therefore x is untrue" is your entire mindset. What a strange and fluid universe you experience.

What????:mad:

When did I say I didn't like 'x'? I said that I can't accept that people get their morality from modern society!!!!

I would like to think, that most of us our instilled with a good set morals either by evolutionary processes or actually given to us from 'God'(I quote 'cause I am on an Atheist forum)

I don't believe concepts such as good and bad should be quoted. There is no room for manoeuvre.

Killing is wrong, not because laws or society says so. Killing is wrong because it does not come naturally to humans.(at least not any more)

Oh and 'I don't like Death, I know death is true'

'I don't like drugs, i know drugs are true'

You see where I'm going with this?

I think you took the thread a bit too serious to be honest. It probably wasn't funny and not needed, but damn did it bother you that much?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Killing is wrong because it does not come naturally to humans (at least not any more)
    Sentences like this really make my day :)

I spotted this April Fool a mile away, but the one about everyone being a moderator took me a few minutes to cop on to.

I was wondering why I couldn't ban my test subjects.

Edit: Why do I only get 1* , maybe I should post a bit more.

robindch wrote: »
    Sentences like this really make my day :)

Who is to say I'm wrong?
    Like I really want to know. I'm not trying to be cool with my answer or anything, I probably have it wrong, but I'm just interested in knowing.

These three points are all varieties of "I don't like it so its not true". I could have given you the benefit of the doubt on the first point but given your history, no.
    I think you took the thread a bit too serious to be honest. It probably wasn't funny and not needed, but damn did it bother you that much?

I'M BEING SUPER SERIAL!!

I won't even go near the rest of that post because my eyes started to bleed while reading it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Like I really want to know.
    And I'm Richard Dawkins (pbuh).

Shouldn't that be (pbum) :pac:

robindch wrote: »
    And I'm Richard Dawkins (pbuh).

Dawkins could be wrong. What if we're all wrong?

Dades wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be (pbum) :pac:

God, I hate the pinman.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im not saying there isnt some good reading to be had in the bible.. but i wouldnt put my faith in it if you know what i mean.

PS your OP didnt sound convincing; it read immediately as a troll in disguise ;)

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Im not saying there isnt some good reading to be had in the bible.. but i wouldnt put my faith in it if you know what i mean.

PS your OP didnt sound convincing; it read immediately as a troll in disguise ;)

I got caught up in the moment. In heinzsight:confused:, I should have done it differently.

Brilliant!

Picked a nice day to do a u-turn too esteban.. :D

hahahahaha.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

heinzsight

LOL

God, I hate the pinman.
    Well, God loves all his smilies equally. Except the pink ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

God told us that keeping slaves is moral. Do you think keeping slaves is moral Esteban?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

God told us that keeping slaves is moral. Do you think keeping slaves is moral Esteban?

God didn't say that, you know nothing of his work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

kowloon wrote: »
    God didn't say that, you know nothing of his work :D

Oh i beg to differ, he couldn't have made his position on slaves any clearer in Leviticus. Its funny how that the same chapter that gives Christians their queasiness about homosexuals, is also the same one where God unequivocally tells His people that its ok to have slaves. Not only that, but he tells then how to treat such slaves. Why don't they stick up for their God and demand we return to slavery?

:D:pac::pac::pac:

my april fools thread last year was much better

bluewolf wrote: »
    my april fools thread last year was much better

You denounced Buddha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

*adds to the persecution thread*

Advertisement