Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions-April 2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Mothman wrote: »
    Air frost looks certain

0.5C falling.

A cool night, but thankfully it is a dry cold. Currently 1.8c. Frost forming but a lovely moonlit night. 82%rh and pressure 1025.0 mb and steady. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Air frost looks certain

0.5C falling.

AWS min -0.4C, screen mon 0.0C, no air frost officially.

Grass min -6.5C.

Cloudy to east, clear to west.

5.6C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine again :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Frosty start with decent frost on the ground and rooftops (and car windscreen), overnight low -1.5°C
    Nice evening with about 5 octas cloud and temps 9.3°C.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Amazing clear blue sky over Sligo atm - it's gorgeous. Been warm enough to sit out in the garden today - more of this please!

• Advertisement

Paddy,
    anything unusual at Claremorris today ;)

Check attachment.

meanwhile clear evening

4.6C after max of 12.5C, highest since 4th.

Already a grass frost, see separate thread for surprising stat.

Looks like a rerun of last night is on the cards, another air frost maybe, if there is I'll have had a more frosty April than March, January or November just gone!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

4.4c now, cool and partly cloudy. 76% and pressure 1021.4 mb and steady. Got down to -1.0 last night, only my second frost this month, doubt I'll get a third tonight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Paddy,
    anything unusual at Claremorris today ;)

Check attachment.

meanwhile clear evening

4.6C after max of 12.5C, highest since 4th.

Already a grass frost, see separate thread for surprising stat.

Paddy.1 - Did you have Homestead Baked Beans for Dinner again? :D:D:D

ru4n80.jpg

Air min -1.8C 3rd air frost of month
    Grass min -7.5C 14th Grass frost
    Both figiures lowest on record for April.

Currently 5.7C with quite a bit of cumulus building partly obscured by stratus.

• Advertisement

Min +0.3c
    Now +7.9c in astiff easterly.

Frost disappeared earlier quite quickly.
    Mostly cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Not sure I've ever noticed this report at an Irish station before:

MULLINGAR(P) E 05 DUSTSTORM 3 98 0.0 1020

on Met.ie Latest Reports for 08:00 this morning. What were conditions like down there this morning?

Fine again but much windier.

Mike.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Not sure I've ever noticed this report at an Irish station before:

MULLINGAR(P) E 05 DUSTSTORM 3 98 0.0 1020

on Met.ie Latest Reports for 08:00 this morning. What were conditions like down there this morning?

Gremlin, station not manned so no visual report.

Sunny spells here, 10c in a breezy SE.

Dust storms.
    Tornado's
    We're all doomed.

The thunder here on friday was actually frightening so I'd not be surprised if there were dust storms and 100mph tornadoes :rolleyes:

Meanwhile Very sunny
    East 11mph
    8.7c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

11.4c here, sunny and bright. NE breeze.

Snow can still be seen on the North side of Lug!!

A

arctictree wrote: »
    11.4c here, sunny and bright. NE breeze.

Snow can still be seen on the North side of Lug!!

A

Higher temperature than near coast due to easterly wind.

10.8C unbroken sunshine

Higher temperature than near coast due to easterly wind.

10.8C unbroken sunshine
    Hmmm the view I have of lug makes the mountain look like the length of it is facing slightly south east and I can clearly see snow on that end.It's the long cliff end.The snow looks like it's stuck to the edge of the cliff.

Paddy.1 - Did you have Homestead Baked Beans for Dinner again? :D:D:D

ru4n80.jpg

Yeah, really had to 'let rip' yesterday evening, I just did not consider the consequences!!.

t'was was a colossal relief though..:p

12.7c now, reached 13.1c earlier, not as warm as yesterday but very pleasant none the less. Sunny and very breezy, but a real feel good day.:)

54% rh:)
    D.p 3.4c
    1013.0 mb and falling

Had one of my most enjoyable drives into work this morning ever (from a weather point of view!).

Had gotten down to -1°C here overnight but cloud moved over before dawn clearing most of the frost away locally and was around 1.5°C here when heading out with frost only in sheltered lower parts of the surrounding fields.

However a short distance up the road before Roundwoood the skies cleared a little the temp plummeted and car thermometer was down to 0°C and the fields and ditched were covered in a lovely frost.
    As usual going though Roundwood village rose the temperature up by about 1.5°C and there was little frost for about another kilometre past the village.
    Usually it warms up more and more from there on as I get closer and closer to the coast (on calm still mornings), however this morning I was in for a treat.

I could see a funny orange glow ahead and figured there must be fog banks ahead..

Then I re-entered autumn..low lying fog (looked like dry ice on top of the pops) and the most brilliant white coating every where with the sun trying to struggle through and the temperature plummeted back to close to 0°C again..then the fog thickened, the frost disappeared and the temperature rose to about 3°C and by the time i reached the Sugarloaf it was clear blue skies and 5°C (was still at about 280 metres or so) ..

All in all if you like driving and you like weather..it was sheer bliss :D

Currently its clear and breezy with temps of 7.1°C, probably another frost tonight if the wind dies down enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Thats some report Supercell! The joys of living in hilly areas. Full of microclimates. Currently 9.3c and a keen southeast breeze coming up the Nore valley.

A glorious night after a glorious day. Moonlight beaming over the countryside in a sky devoid of cloud. Everywhere is dry!! The trees are howling with delight in a stiff cool breeze, but it feels like heaven on the skin due to refreshingly low humidity. Divine weather!:)

4.1c. 75%rh:) and pressure 1011.2 and falling slowly.

You're in flying form Paddy.

Cloudy this morning, 6.3C which is same as overnght min. No grass frost.

Easterly breeze

Cool, overcast, currently 4.3°C
    Hope the cloud clears later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

4.7c here ATM, dull and cloudy.

Some lovely Jan/Feb charts at the moment!!

A

Not fine again :(

Windy dull.

Mike.

Temperature not rising at all today, currently 4.3°C and feels raw as hell out there in the wind.

arctictree wrote: »
    4.7c here ATM, dull and cloudy.

Some lovely Jan/Feb charts at the moment!!

A
    Yeah it would be very wintry if we had this weeks weather in january/february.
    In fact we would have had this just after a northerly and northern blocking so we would all be snowed in!

Reall lazy wind today,harsh and going right through you.
    A bit of sun now though-twas cloudy.
    We've had no showers.

Fairly sunny for afternoon.
    Max below 10C

Moderate easterly.

Weather station had snow symbol for couple hours.

• Advertisement

Was up near Carlingford in Louth earlier was wall to wall blues skies, lovely part of the country.
    Back home..cloudy, windy and cold with very occasional breaks in the gloom.

Advertisement