Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-April 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

We had a shower from altocumulus clouds within the last hour, large drops but light enough.
    7.3c
    1002mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

1.6C falling

Mothman wrote: »
    1.6C falling
    :eek:
    Under a blanket of cloud and temp is stuck at 7.3c here

Snowbie wrote: »
    :eek:
    Under a blanket of cloud and temp is stuck at 7.3c here

and with the blanket comes a rise in temp.

5C now after falling to 1C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine morning again, pity its not a bit warmer but not the worst.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Raining again.:)

Feels unusually cold and dank despite the temp of 5.8c. The air has certainly changed for the worst over the last few hours. Gloomy and ominous. Pressure is 998.0mb and steady.

Fine again! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Heavy hail in Sligo town at the moment. Bloomin stuff's coming down the chimney.

Hailstones starting to lie as the ground temperature drops.

I must get an outside thermometer - if someone knows where to get a vaguely decent one for not too much money can they drop me a pm!

*edit*
    15 minutes and it's still going strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

fozzle wrote: »

I must get an outside thermometer - if someone knows where to get a vaguely decent one for not too much money can they drop me a pm!
    I picked up a digital thermometer with dual readout and an exterior probe for $8 on dealextreme:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2721
    Max/min settings and oF/oC . I've tested it and it's pretty accurate. Shipping thakes about 14 days and is free

Looks like a lot of showers moving in fast from the west on the doppler...sunny SE looks like it's in for a hammering...might even get a shower in the NE, if that cell over leitrim keeps heading in this direction...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Thanks Wertz.

Beautiful and sunny patchy blue sky here (Sligo) now. Almost warm!

• Advertisement

Clouded in and light rain now.

Mike.

Very dark and thundery looking here. This pic I took 5 mins ago looking west, Came out crap, dosent do justice to the sky here at the moment:

DSC00030.jpg

7.2c and pressure 989.8 mb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Some impressive looking clouds out there with some sunshine as a bonas. Temp 7oC. When will our temps recover?

Sunny skies with a few Cb's moving just to the NE
    9.8c Dp 2c
    991.7mb
    RH 57%

Another air frost looming

3.7C clear sky and wind easing

Max 11.5C One brief shower that dropped hail in hills.

Mad cold out. Temp already been down to -1C and it not even calm.

Above zero now under broken cloud.

long time till dawn, could see -2C yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Interesting temps tonight, Arctictree and myself have been around the 1°C mark for a while whilst Mothman has plummeted to below zero and up over again.

With a prevailing westerly I'm guessing the cold air in Ashford is likely to be mainly katabatic in nature?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

You will find the temps rising in Wicklow soon as the wet weather over Wexford seems to be moving north. Another bank of cloud here with temp of 6.1c
    990.2mb
    Wind SE

3.7c here. The usual cold, dank and wet feeling out. I am sick of it at this stage.

6c in Shannon according to car temp, 5c in Galway and 4c in Tuam. Now that is what you call a full report from the Wesht!!! Plenty of rain on the drive down, though looks like up here missed the worst of it according to measurements. Bring me an Easterly I say!!! Dry, warm, fluffy white clouds, bliss. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I can't believe it!!! It's snowing really heavily at the moment. Big white fluffy flakes!! Current temp. + 3.3c DP +1.5c

I saw on Metcheck yesterday forecast for snow this morning but I sort of poo-pooed that!

+2.5c now and a covering of slush on garden furniture, car, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Ditto, snowing here. Temp 3.1C dp 1.2C. Obviously not sticking though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

21C today in OC, predicted 26C for Friday...time to go surfing!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

just stopped snowing in Dundrum now after a 10-15 min shower of humungous flakes, winter is beginning :confused:

I was thinking it had to be snowing somewhere since it was a rainy 4C here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Shower has passed here now. 0.9mm of ppn. As the cloud is lifting off the Dublin mountains I can see a nice dusting of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snowing heavy here. Massive fluffy flakes. Temp has dropped and its really trying to stick. 1.6c ATM

Edit: 1.3c now

A

Shower just clearing.
    Mostly rain, but periods of sleet.
    temp 2.8C

You will find the temps rising in Wicklow soon as the wet weather over Wexford seems to be moving north
    It looks like that wasn't the case. Precip moved off shore in the wee hours with the LP swinging down across the country and then moving quickly back NE up over Dublin pulling in PM air behind it turning it to wet snow.

Fine again! :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

It looks like that wasn't the case. Precip moved off shore in the wee hours with the LP swinging down across the country and then moving quickly back NE up over Dublin pulling in PM air behind it turning it to wet snow.

Good snow covering on Djouce now. The animated radar from met.ie is a beauty.
    As you say, the precip just curls back over the east coast at its last gasp and gives us a nice snow covering on the hills.

I was just about on the snow line. A few meters above me, the fields were starting to turn white.

5c and sunny ATM.

A

Advertisement