Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current Weather Conditions-April 2008

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

9.8C, increasingly cloudy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Surprised to see it snowing this morning. Looked out at 7am to see sleet. At about 7:10 it snowed quite heavily with big flakes for about 10 minutes. Temperature dropped to 1.2 in the middle of all this but nothing much stuck. Then it became sleety again and then mostly rain. Since then there's been quite good sunshine - pleasant, feels quite warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As per usual its clouded in and some hail.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hail shower here at the moment.

currently almost 8c and sunny.
    Temp dropped to around 5c in the heavy thunderstorm that passed directly overhead here between 3 and 330 pm as described in the thunderstorm thread.

Incidently lugnaquilla mountain is extremely white right down to it's base today.
    Theres also visible snow on croghan mountain over the road from here above about 1500 to 1800ft or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Temp dropped to around 5c in the heavy thunderstorm that passed directly overhead here between 3 and 330 pm as described in the thunderstorm thread.

Lucky *******:) It is just cold and wet here with heavy rain and hail showers and no thunder:mad: Cold, all the time. 4.9c. 89%rh and pressure 993.7mb and steady.

Just had another severe thunderstorm.
    Several forks of lightning(I lost count!) and a good 20 minutes of constant very loud thunder.This time we could hear the booms about 10 mins before the storm arrived.At it's height it passed directly overhead.
    More descriptions in the thunder thread.
    The temp dropped down to about 4.5c during the storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,480 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light sleet shower, currently 3.4°C and falling.
    Scarr was white to its base again this morning and the higher fields just above me had a thin covering, fun times!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Longfield wrote: »
    Light sleet shower, currently 3.4°C and falling.

Sleet down here as well.
    4.7C

A miserable 5.3c.:( Rain rain and more rain. Looks a bit brighter to the west. Collected 2cm of rain so far today. 994.4 mb. 85%rh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Had sleet around 630pm. There was 1 flash of lightning which caused a big flicker in the lighting at work. Otherwise, not a bad day and the sun felt slightly burning on the skin when out... a sure sign that summer is on it's way!

Woke up to rain that is just vomiting out of a black, dreary sky. The countryside around looks like scene from hell, black branches of still bear trees scraping off an incontinent sky. Lovely and warm as well at 2.1c. 91%rh and pressure 999.4 mb and rising.

Still no thunder that I have heard anyway. In fact, there has been less overhead thunder at this stage of the year than at anytime I can remember. 17th of Jan was my last hit.:( Hopefully I will be compensated in the summer.

Edit. Still raining. :)

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Woke up to rain that is just vomiting out of a black, dreary sky. The countryside around looks like scene from hell, black branches of still bear trees scraping off an incontinent sky. 17th of Jan was my last hit.:(
    A miserable 5.3c.frown.gif Rain rain and more rain.
    It is just cold and wet here with heavy rain and hail showers and no thundermad.gif Cold, all the time.
    3.7c here. The usual cold, dank and wet feeling out. I am sick of it at this stage.

Paddy, you're wearing me down :(
    Give a report from your kitchen or something, it's surely warm and dry in there? :D;)

Quiet cloudy 4C here

The new, positive me!!

A peep of sun now tells me that the rain has stopped here for the day:) temp 6.4c. Even the birds outside are singing and dancing at the prospect the dry day ahead. I am at peace.

Kitchen temp is a pleasant 13.5c. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine again :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Paddy.1 wrote: »

Kitchen temp is a pleasant 13.5c. ;)
    13.5c:eek: Jebus Paddy close the window your letting the cold air in.:p

Overnight low of 2.6c
    Currently 8.2c
    Wind west light @5mph
    1000.2mb
    Overcast atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭arctictree

10c here, windy and cloudy.

Yet another day with a snow covered Lugnaquilla!

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Darwin

Pretty nasty hailshower just passed through Mountrath. Looks like it's heading in in a South East direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Temp down to 4.4C here from 11.9C about an hour ago after the TS passed through.

nemonoid wrote: »
    Temp down to 4.4C here from 11.9C about an hour ago after the TS passed through.
    Have you got rain totals for that storm?

• Advertisement

7.1°C with ocassional light hail and rain showers, looks like the action today is around Dublin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Gone pretty dark here with moderate rain currently. Hopefully will get some hail out of it .
    Temp 6.6°C and plummeting fast.

Longfield wrote: »
    Gone pretty dark here with moderate rain currently. Hopefully will get some hail out of it .
    Temp 6.6°C and plummeting fast.

Looks good from here!

8C after dropping to 7C during heavy shower 40 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Snowbie wrote: »
    Have you got rain totals for that storm?

Recorded 3.1mm, but a good bit of hail still frozen in the bucket.

Clearing though here now getting brighter, temp now 5.7°C. I think in Scarr is punching right through these showers as sky looks darker to the north and south.
    Got some hail which was cool , so am happy .

And just starting here.

Also faint rumble

In the end, it was short lived and now sunny for a while

Nearly 10C again, but the VP has snow symbol showing.

Good CU building to my NW

That snow symbol is mad, dont understand it at all, dew point is way to high for snow, but there it is.

Showers imminent here i think after a bit of a lull. Temp up to 8.7°C currently, probably will fall about 4°C in moderate showers.

• Advertisement

Ditto my snow symbol is on all afternoon.

6.9c
    Dp 5.2c

Advertisement