Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum on stuff after dishwashing?

• 01-04-2008 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭

Terrible bleeding problem: After going through the full dishwashing cycle my plates and stuff come out of the dishwasher with bits of dried food and what seems to be dried detergent on them. The wife is going nuts. Is it my detergent or a blocked filter or what?

Great idea for a new forum, by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

One of the wimmins should be along soon to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Moved from tLL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Hopr

Slow coach wrote: »
    Terrible bleeding problem: After going through the full dishwashing cycle my plates and stuff come out of the dishwasher with bits of dried food and what seems to be dried detergent on them. The wife is going nuts. Is it my detergent or a blocked filter or what?

Great idea for a new forum, by the way.

Hi Slow coach,

It could be a number of things,but its possible that the spray arms are either blocked or are being obstructed during the wash cycle.This obstruction could be that the load is incorrectly arranged.Most spray arms are easily removed,which then can be cleaned.(Use a pipe cleaner or similar to clean jets).

Also ensure the filter system is not loose in the sump and is free from any food deposites.

Use an intensive program to give the inner cabinet a clean.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 drwhack

a BOSH repair man who fixed my machine with the same problem as you have recomended that once every two to three months that you put on the washer with no dishes and a little amount in the powder tray at a 70 degree cycle. It has worked for me for last year or so.:)

Advertisement