Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

soffits gutters and downpipes

• 01-04-2008 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

first i hope im in the right place.i have recently got some work done on my home.i got new soffits gutters and downpipes installed and was woundering should there be vents installed under the soffits? the guys that did it never put any in?
    some frineds of mine said there should be vents!

any help with this would be great....

thanks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Vents are pretty much the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Well it depends.
    Was there any there before?
    The eaves should be vented, this can be through the soffit, the tiles at eaves, or over the fascia.

They may be there but very small, ~5mm wide. Not individual vent, but a continous gap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Thanks guys for the reply.
    the house is 25 years old and before i got new soffits, gutters, downpipes and fasia there was just wood.and i never seen any vents in the wood!
    When i looked at the neighbour house (witch is the same as mine) thay have like 6 vents on each side!
    My two friends are adamant that there needs to be vents for circulation!
    looks like i need to call the guys back out to fix this.but just need to be sure.

thx paddy

BTW Why am i all of a sudden a Moderator with 4 stars and 95 posts?? just woundering? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

BTW Why am i all of a sudden a Moderator with 4 stars and 95 posts?? just woundering? thanks
    You must have been one of the few who have kept their nose clean.

Seems like the admins are doing a big reshuffle which will probably take a day or so to take effect

Advertisement