Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two problems foranyone who can help

Options
  • 01-04-2008 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

hi guys ive two problems I was hoping you could help me with,
    first my TM SR16 the mechbox shim arrangement can anyone tell me what it is ?
    the mechbox video on youtube doesnt help atall ive put it back together but its not fireing and has a horrible sound coming from it any help would be appretiated and ill give it another crack tonight.

second problem, a galaxy mp5 hi cap mag of my nephews seems not to work right im winding it and its clicking but nothing is happening when the trigger is pulled ive had a quick look at it and everything seems fine, is there any defects with these that can be easily solved?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

RE: mag, it needs a minimum of 20 or so bbs in it to work, make sure there are enough to tension the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

shimming basically involves small metal discs either side of the gears to keep them aligned, too few and your gears will wear prematurely, too many and there will be too much friction, what kind of weird sound are you getting? Is the air nozzle moving back and forth? have you tried adjusting the motor adjustment screw? bad shimming will cause weird sounds, but wont stop the aeg firing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

It is moving back abnd forth the sound is almost a pure electric motor and a slight grinding of the gears, theres no thump so to speak like I usually get
    im going to give it another shot tonight and if not someone will be paid to take care of it. the biggest pain in the ass is when i reassemble the mechbox I have to put the whole aeg back together to test it then restrip if anything is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

that really does sound like the motor adjustment screw, at the bottom of the grip, there's a big screw in the middle, turn it all the way in, then about 1/2 a turn back out, then try firing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

THANKS ill givi it a go later then let you know

• Advertisement
Advertisement