Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinder - question and some info

• 01-04-2008 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

So....just back from Thailand.....had a lovely trip but while there I partook of some starbucks (even moderate coffee was very difficult to come by over there) and read a leaflet that they had on making coffee. I'm not sure if it's in starbucks everywhere, but this one had a nice tip:

To get a more consistent grind with a blade grinder, shake it as you grind.

Tried it out this morning. Seemed to work well. Less powdery crap. I actually took the leaflet back with the idea of scanning it in for posting up here....we'll see if I ever get around to it.

Now....on to my question:

Anyone heard anything about this burr grinder? Seems reasonably priced. Gets good reviews on amazon, but I thought I'd check with the guru's on here before buying. Also, would I see much of an improvement over my blade grinder? It's probably going to end up around 100 euro with delivery (I got a £30 amazon gift voucher).

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It seems to be the same as the Starbucks Virtuoso only a lot cheaper. Some reviews here and here. Is it for the pour-over? Are you looking at espresso making down the road?

The Iberital MC2 is £99.99 on Happydonkey, with sterling at it's current low that means €127 plus P&P. Worth considering IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It seems to be the same as the Starbucks Virtuoso only a lot cheaper. Some reviews here and here.

Nice one. Cheers.
    Is it for the pour-over? Are you looking at espresso making down the road?

It's for the pour over and french press (if I'm just making for myself I'll use the french press). Not sure about espresso tbh. Seems like it's the place that all coffee junkies end up. For now I wouldn't be mental about espresso tbh.
    The Iberital MC2 is £99.99 on Happydonkey, with sterling at it's current low that means €127 plus P&P. Worth considering IMO.

The post-holiday budget wont stretch that far methinks. :) I may hold on and get it later mind you.

Advertisement