Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perm Banned form Mac forum

Options
  • 01-04-2008 9:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

A user came to boards trying to recover lost data. I suggested he seek expert advice:
    Oriel wrote:
    "Possibly when you follow the instruction of people on here and destroy any hope you have of getting your original data back.
    Don't ask people here. Go to an Apple support forum and find out where the data is stored, make a back up of that and then seek to resolve the issue."
    I suggested this because the OP as lost vital information from Entourage and runs the risk of overwriting it. They could do this by following the advice of anybody, either here or anywhere else. So, I suggest that the OP follow expert advice on the matter. Similar to when you lose a contact lens - you stop moving your feet before any damage is done.

This got me an infraction. Why? I have no idea.

According to babypink:
    babypink wrote:
    insulting the intelligence, integrity and intentions of fellow posters is a one-way ticket to an infraction

Rash infraction, Ok, I can live with that.

Then I get a permanent ban. Why?
    Vexorg wrote:
    You were banned specifically for this
    Possibly when you follow the instruction of people on here and destroy any hope you have of getting your original data back.
    Don't ask people here.
    You breachced the rule of common sense, you are in my opinion trying to undermine the advice of the mods and other contributors and its not the first time. How can you possibly think that you are hiding behind "good advice"?

I somehow got a permanent ban for something that I got a rash infraction for.

Surely this is unreasonable?

Thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055265776
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

April fools!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Get over yourself.
    You were soooooo in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a joke.....right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Oriel

If this was an isolated incident I would agree with you, but as we both know it is not.

Consider your previous siteban reinstated.

Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Yep... Apple would provide customer support for a Microsoft product.. that's a good one... haha...

• Advertisement

Vexorg wrote: »
    Oriel

If this was an isolated incident I would agree with you, but as we both know it is not.

Consider your previous siteban reinstated.

Vex.
    Nice reason line Vex, very professional, I'll be sure to remember this when it comes to the annual bonuses ;)

Vexorg wrote: »
    Consider your previous siteban reinstated..

Oopps
    Can't tell the serious ones from the jokes :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

lol @ those that thought all this was a wind-up.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Oopps
    Can't tell the serious ones from the jokes :o
    Heh, made the same mistake myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Closed to avoid confusion.

• Advertisement

lol @ those that thought all this was a wind-up.

Shut yer face Mags, you did too!
    Ya can't fool me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement