Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! @.com emails keep going in to spam folders, or not appearing at all

Options
  • 01-04-2008 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My developers are having trouble with keeping the @.com email addresses from going straight in to spam folders. Or, sometimes the emails don't even appear at all. It seems to be happening mainly with yahoo and hotmail addresses...other ones seem ok. I don't have all the technical details myself, but I was hoping someone would have some kind of advice to give.

Or, if you require specific info, I can ask the developers for more details as soon as they're available (around 2.30)

This is a pretty critical issue for my website, it was supposed to be 'live' yesterday but this is holding it up :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Contact whoever it is that is hosting your website/email server for you and they should be able to sort it out.

Otherwise if its a PC level problem then what mail client do you use to access your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

The email is being hosted by the developers themselves.

The mails are automated mails when a member registers for example, and they are supposed to get a confirmation mail. These mails go straight to spam, or in the case of hotmail don't even appear.

When I send a mail myself through Thunderbird, it also goes in to spam folders in the case of hotmail/yahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It's probably due to a number of things:
    • Email format
    • Domain age
    • Lack of SPF records

blacknight wrote: »
    It's probably due to a number of things:
    • Email format
    • Domain age
    • Lack of SPF records

The domain was registered over 6 months ago. It's been moved to a new IP less than a week ago.

The email is fairly straightforward, just a Welcome email. It included the users personal URL, but they tried removing that and it still won't work.

Not sure about SPF records, as I don't know anything about this thing.

Cianos wrote: »
    The domain was registered over 6 months ago. It's been moved to a new IP less than a week ago.

So Hotmail would see it as new, as the IP address wouldn't have been sending for it previously.
    The email is fairly straightforward, just a Welcome email. It included the users personal URL, but they tried removing that and it still won't work.

Depends on if it's plain text or HTML
    Not sure about SPF records, as I don't know anything about this thing.
    Well maybe you should find out? :)

• Advertisement

blacknight wrote: »
    So Hotmail would see it as new, as the IP address wouldn't have been sending for it previously.

Depends on if it's plain text or HTML

Well maybe you should find out? :)

The email is in plain text. Regarding SPF records, I will ask the developers about this.

Advertisement