Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying quick-step laminate

Options
  • 01-04-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I am about to try and lay down some quick-step laminate floating floor on our landing upstairs (about 5 square meters). I have read about leaving an 8mm gap between the plaster board and the laminate for expansion. This may sound like a stupid question but with this gapat all edges what stops the floor from hifting around when walked on etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

The expansion gap is usually covered by the skirting or a cover slip, e.g. a quadrant slip tacked at the bottom of the skirting...So there should be no lifting..

floor.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Basicaly the weight of the floor and the fact that it's laying tight to the sub-floor is what stops it moving. Then when you put all your furniture back into the room, the added weight of that stops it even more.
    To stop it from moving during laying, use spacers, then lift them all when the floor is fitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭babel

I understand now.

thanks for the replies guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

There is also a video on laying quickstep on there website. I have QS in 3 of my rooms.

http://www.quick-step.com/europe/ie/en/installation_instructions.aspx

regards

Garyh3

Advertisement