Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should the Queen come to Sligo?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

Would you be happy to see Queen of England coming to Sligo? It looks like she will be coming to these shores sometime in 2009.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm sure she would be made most welcome.

It would be great if she timed it for the Sligo Races, we could all wear big hats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I heard she's taking part in next year's Rally.

queen-driving-a.jpg

Between ourselves, I heard there is something of a frisson between Prince Andrew and our own Aine Chambers....

sueme wrote: »
    Between ourselves, I heard there is something of a frisson between Prince Andrew and our own Aine Chambers....

aine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

:mad:
    No f*ckin way!

• Advertisement

Gillie wrote: »
    No f*ckin way!

Well thats not very nice Gillie. What did she ever do to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Somehow I don't see the Queen coming to Sligo anytime soon myself,what would bring her here.
    I'm sure there would be many unhappy people if she came over but I myself wouldn't give a S**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

The Queen is the head of state of a country that is occupying part of our Island. She has no business coming to Eire unless she brings a white flag and she takes her army back when she leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

The Queen is the head of state of a country that is occupying part of our Island. She has no business coming to Eire unless she brings a white flag and she takes her army back when she leaves.

+1

I don't think white is her colour, she tends to go for pastels AFAIK.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'm not too pushed if she does come , won't get all hot and bothered unlike some

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭jacool

As Denis Irwin would say to Roy Keane "Move On"
    I'd have no problems with it, but can't see attraction of Sligo !
    No offence intended to Sligo people - lived in Grange for a few years.

What century are you living in?

What century are you living in?

Are you serious?
    I'm all for "moving on" and that but CountingCrows is spot on here.
    It's a bridge too far for me!

Gillie wrote: »
    Are you serious?
    I'm all for "moving on" and that but CountingCrows is spot on here.
    It's a bridge too far for me!

Let the Queen come over, then we can behead her, then dance around the crossroads singing rebel songs. To keep it up to date, it'll be available on-line as a digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Somehow I don't see the Queen coming to Sligo anytime soon myself,what would bring her here.

2009 - Mountbattens aniversary? 30 years isn't it?

Let the Queen come over, then we can behead her, then dance around the crossroads singing rebel songs. To keep it up to date, it'll be available on-line as a digital download.

:D
    Now your talkin!

Hang on a sec my Sarcasm detector just kicked in...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Jabby wrote: »
    Would you be happy to see Queen of England coming to Sligo? It looks like she will be coming to these shores sometime in 2009.

By the way, wouldn't be a bad April Fools thread that;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

Culchie wrote: »
    By the way, wouldn't be a bad April Fools thread that;)

Its not a april fools, there has been talk about it for awhile now but it goes un noticed, kind of like the Lisbon treaty. Our president who once said she felt like throwing petrol bombs at the brits said she hopes to see the queen over in 2009. Personaly i think the government is testing the Irish people, first with the Dublin Riots now princess anne coming over and then the queen herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

She could stay in Fundoran and make the short trip to Mullaghmore, she could have a go on the slots while she is there too.

• Advertisement

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    She could stay in Fundoran and make the short trip to Mullaghmore, she could have a go on the slots while she is there too.

Yeah maybe she could order her soldiers to murder some civil rights marchers - just for old times sake!

FFS people, read your history. I'll move on when they move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

CountingCrows I defo don't want her coming over here either justing making light of the situation, I know your views on these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Yeah maybe she could order her soldiers to murder some civil rights marchers - just for old times sake!

It's a good thing the peace process didn't have to rely on you then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'll be there with me camera:D

Don't presume that you are the only one informed of the history of this country.

I agree - Fundoran would be the place for her... they do lovely scones in the tea shop there. I'd say she'd like a go on the bumpers too.

gustavo wrote: »
    It's a good thing the peace process didn't have to rely on you then

2+2=7???

I'm totally behind the peace process, this is a separate issue. I don't see anyone in the UK suggesting that IRA leaders should be invited to Buckingham palace.

The conflict in the North of our Island is in the process of being resolved, all things going well there's no reason why the head of state of England shouldn't visit these shores sometime in the future.. but not yet.

Hi CountingCrows

I think the whole Queen/Sligo thing was a joke.

A: The date.
    B: Who on earth would want her in Sligo.
    C: I don't think her security people would be up for it!

Sorry its hit a nerve with you.

2+2=7???

I'm totally behind the peace process, this is a separate issue. I don't see anyone in the UK suggesting that IRA leaders should be invited to Buckingham palace.

The conflict in the North of our Island is in the process of being involved, all things going well there's no reason why the head of state of England shouldn't visit these shores sometime in the future.. but not yet.

sueme wrote: »
    Hi CountingCrows

I think the whole Queen/Sligo thing was a joke.

A: The date.
    B: Who on earth would want her in Sligo.
    C: I don't think her security people would be up for it!

Sorry its hit a nerve with you.

Hopefully your right :) my blood pressure is going through the roof!

Hopefully your right :) my blood pressure is going through the roof!

Breath in..... eeeexxxxxhhhaaaaaleeee

Repeat 10 times.
    :)

• Advertisement

Joke or not, it wouldn't bother me if she did visit... let the IRA leaders visit Buckingham palace, let the Queen come here. It would do no harm whatsoever - in fact it might even help things progress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement