Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfering to UL

Options
  • 01-04-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey,

Im in first year business and law in ucd at the minute and altho i love the course i dont really feel dublins for me. I noticed that the law and accounting course down there was quiet similiar and have applied for an application form to transfer into second year but as of yet dont know if its possible. The modules are rougly the same with some exceptions in that in ucd we did tort in first year while thats covered in second year in limerick and in limerick legal systems and methods and criminal law was covered in first year. Has anyone any info on this and whether i woud be able to substitute those modules into second year in Ul? or any advice in general??

Also i seen that campus is full for now but thata waiting list opens in august! what are the chances of getting campus accomodation then??

Also would you recommend Ul??

Please get back to me asap!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Recommed UL?

Defo. Great college and great craic to be had [tho like all colleges, you make what you want of it]

Perhaps ringing UL and asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Can't really tell you anything about the course but to add to what kaimera said I had a great time down there so if you're interested go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

niamherz88 wrote: »
    Hey,

Im in first year business and law in ucd at the minute and altho i love the course i dont really feel dublins for me. I noticed that the law and accounting course down there was quiet similiar and have applied for an application form to transfer into second year but as of yet dont know if its possible. The modules are rougly the same with some exceptions in that in ucd we did tort in first year while thats covered in second year in limerick and in limerick legal systems and methods and criminal law was covered in first year. Has anyone any info on this and whether i woud be able to substitute those modules into second year in Ul? or any advice in general??

Also i seen that campus is full for now but thata waiting list opens in august! what are the chances of getting campus accomodation then??

I was doing a BBS Business Studies course before i transferred into UL and had to lose a year because of the discrepencies and differences in some modules eventhough it too was a BBS Business Studies course ... contact UL rightaway and if possible travel there and speak with the admissions and admin section, they're really nice and very helpful and helped me no need in transferring
    No regrets by me about moving to UL :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

I transferred from UCD to UL last year. Best decision I ever made and I recommend UL 100%.

I only finally decided I wanted to transfer in May last year and rang the campus life offices and got my first choice for accomodation right away, because of a cancelation. I reckon you have a good chance of getting a place, just keep your fingers crossed. Kilmurry Village is the best, in my opinion, for getting to know people and settling into UL life effortlessly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

elleA wrote: »
    Kilmurry Village is the best, in my opinion, for getting to know people and settling into UL life effortlessly. :)

its amazing wat a bit of sun can do to kilmurry yesterday was mental craic

op do transfer either way there is something just not right about ucd imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PeakOutput wrote: »
    op do transfer either way there is something just not right about ucd imo

I believe that is the problem right there...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Otacon wrote: »
    I believe that is the problem right there...

:eek: nope dublin is great just something about the concrete jungle of ucd:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I've been in UCD a couple of times and it does have a very artifical feel to it so to speak....it's as if it were constructed somewhere else and just dropped onto where it is now. That said I'm sure it's a pretty good college at the same time.

Diarmuid I'm not sure why you've got a problem with Dublin. I like it well enough hell there are things that could improve but the same could be said about any city on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hey,

what i found real helpful and what i ould recommend is that you take a day off from your current college and head to UL yourself during this term and look around and ask questions...it'll give you an idea and a feel for the campus and the layout

Advertisement