Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Advice

Options
  • 01-04-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Ok ive decided to do a bit of support cycling for this guy on his trip from Galway to Howth on the 2nd of June anyway my current level is i can cycle for about 100km easy on flat terrain and sustain 30 - 40kmh constant

Anyway i was just looking for some advice on training so i could do the entire trip

Regards
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Have a look at this link it's the training schedule for the Kelly Tour..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

peterk19 wrote: »
    Ok ive decided to do a bit of support cycling for this guy on his trip from Galway to Howth on the 2nd of June anyway my current level is i can cycle for about 100km easy on flat terrain and sustain 30 - 40kmh constant

Anyway i was just looking for some advice on training so i could do the entire trip

Regards
    Pete

if you can sustain that speed alone, you dont need to train. 40km/h is race speed across similar distances. you shouldnt support your mate, go to the continent and support a UCI pro tour team instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

ba wrote: »
    if you can sustain that speed alone, you dont need to train. 40km/h is race speed across similar distances. you shouldnt support your mate, go to the continent and support a UCI pro tour team instead

i Said 30-40kmh on flat i never said it was a constant 40kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

I know.

Will the pedaling pensioner be taking the hilly route or a flat direct route? what kind of distance are we talking about 250km?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

im not sure of the route yet hopefully as flat as possible

• Advertisement
Advertisement