Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place for Flights to Thailand?

• 01-04-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on where to get the best deals for Thailand? I'm planning on going at the start of July and returning in August. Also, is it easy - more expensive - to get tickets that are flexible regarding return dates?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

yeah im wondering about getting a flexible ticket to come home on as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

id say it would cost more to get flexible dates. i went with china airlines last year and they charged me 70 to change my return flight but a lot of airlines will let you change for free if given enough notice. ask them before you book.
    china airlines are probably the cheapest airline you will get at this stage too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

i booked my flight through trailfinders going in august,at this stage your going to get riped because july-august is the most expensive time for flights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

was just on gohop there few mins ago...heathrow-doha-bangkok was 612 euro(incl taxes) return 6th June-30th July...am i seeing things!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

thats a bargain! is it with quatar? i paid 840 for mine back in november with scandinavian sas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭yawtin

Go to World Travel Service on pearse street. They issue ticket for most travel agents in Ireland.

http://worldtravel.ie/flights/Index.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Red Soup

www.expedia.com is good. the tickets i got from then have one free change, and the second change is €50. you're also charged €50 if you miss your flight. they basically find you the cheapest flight, which may mean a few stop overs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

with expedia you seem to need to play around a bit, still i got a ok deal from them considering i left it so late (may 16). 900 or so euro for dublin to bangkok with one stopover in london, then two months later a flight from bangkok to hong kong, then after a week there a flight back to dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

The cheapest place to get Bangkok tix full stop is from a bucket shop travel agent arounf Brick Lane in London. I got my London based mate to sort this for me last year- with only 10 days notice I got a return for just under 540 euro. You simply wont beat that price, BA and other airlines easily charge a grand for that same fare.

That said the flight was with Biman Bangladesh and if you get unlucky and score one of their older planes it doesn't make for a comfortable flight ( but Im sure you'd put up with it for 12hrs for such a bargain return price ) Also it involved an overnight stop in Dhaka, Bangladesh, they pay for the hotel and taxi to it. I thought the overnighter was a bit inconvient but it was a great laugh, about 15 backpackers with one night in Bangladesh to go wild with ! Such a laugh !

Sometimes these bucket shops advertise in the english weekend travel sections and some take Visa if you can trust them to post the tickets to you. Better to have a London mate do it for you though....in fact u could nearly get a cheap flight over and DIY and still save money on what the big carriers will charge you.

Advertisement