Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Bike Sizing

Options
  • 01-04-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need a bit of help. I'm looking at buying a Giant SCR road bike. I'm 5' 7" and was looking for advice on which size I should buy. One bike shop told me the 46.5cm and another said the 50cm. I was advised the 50cm would be better as I wont be doing any racing and it would be more comfortable to ride.

If anyone has any advice itll be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

What's your inside leg measurement -it's more important than your height, as some people have long legs and a short torso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

29" - 29.5"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

50. I am the same height are have been on a Giant 51cm (I race by the way), and it was fine. 46.5 is a little small in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I didn't think they did 51cm bikes. I presume you ride the compact frame

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Size small in a Giant OCR4 belonging to the better half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I wonder what size this guys bike is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Raam wrote: »
    I wonder what size this guys bike is?

Ah yes! The Joe Daly School of bike sizing. "Sit up there son, now can you put both feet flat on the ground?, Grand!"

Advertisement