Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about stickied threads.

Options
  • 01-04-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Quick question. Usually when I enter a forum, I will just look at any of the threads that have the titled bolded, meaning there have been new posts since I last looked at it. My question is why doesn't this happen for stickied threads? If someone posts in a stickied thread it doesn't get bolded so people are less likely to notice anybody has commented in it.

Is there a reason for this or a way of changing it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yes, it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It does happen, you probably just don't notice.

After a while the "new posts" counter gets reset and the entire site is set as being "read" by you, even though you haven't seen a fraction of the new posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's as the lads say above. You could always subscribe to them to track new posts easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I stickied a thread on the test if you want to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Gordon wrote: »
    I stickied a thread on the test if you want to test it.

when I go to that page the stickied thread is reading as read (i.e. the title isn't bold)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, that's because of what seamus said. Check it now, I have created a new reply on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

only new posts in the last 12 hours get emboldened i beleive. or something along those lines. You will never be alerted to all of the new posts since your last visit if you havent visited in a while, for example.

Advertisement