Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Punk

Options
  • 01-04-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I presume the confirmation text of Daft Punk to play the UCD ball is an April Fool's joke. Certainly wish it wasn't though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

Yeh I presume so but I hope I'm wrong! But €15 to see Daft Punk just doesn't work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

when I got the text my heart did a little backflip and jumped for joy!It cant be an april fools!Thatd be too cruel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Frank_Gallagher

Fairly sure its April Fools. Fortunately the joke is on them as its put it stark relief the two novelty acts they've actually booked, hurray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

I hope to god there are more acts announced, I know theyre going for the cheap and cheerful 15e buzz but two novelty act is a bit much. 20min of either B*witched or east17, yeah fair enough, two hours not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

When I got the text, I couldnt believe it...for roughly five seconds max. Then told my friend, and she had a big fit. I then told her its only a joke,,,she was not happy at all! I was nearly crucified:D. Had to show her the text was from Ents so it wasnt just me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

A lot of people did believe it, they should have made it the beatles or U2, far too much confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You should have read between the lines of the text. The real joke was not that Daft Punk aren't playing but that East 17 are headlining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

A lot of people did believe it, they should have made it the beatles or U2, far too much confusion.
    Think that may have been the idea though. I was horribly disappointed and felt quite thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Damn!! I believed it, I didn't know it was a joke 'til I seen this thread!!

Geez.. I spent hours bitching about how much I dislike Daft Punk after that text. All for nothing! Pffft... :p

Advertisement