Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chipped Paint work On New 08 Car

Options
  • 01-04-2008 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I have a new 08 mazda 3. was washing it over the weekend and noticed some chipped paint on the bonnet and the door. the car is black. is that touch up paint any good. i call a few motor shops today and the touch up paint they have is waterbased paint is that any good. would that not wash off. any help with this i would be very greatfull and any other info.

Thanks

keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Is the paint flaking off or is it stone chips?

If its the former your paint warrantee might cover it otherwise you can get touch up paint from the main dealers. Fill the chips in with a toothpic as it's more accurate and won't over fill the chip and look bad.

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

First of all do you know how it happend? Was it from general wear and tear/accidental damage or is it a defect with the paint work itself?

If it is the former then you could get a touch up kit for your car from the main dealer. It will not cost that much and the paint will be an exact match. I bought a similar kit from a main dealer for only €9.

If it is the latter then it is a warranty issue and a trip back to the dealer is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭keitht

Thanks for getting back to me guys
    Its definetly stone chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Keith,

Had the same on our 06 GTI when we got it. At the time the N7 was in the middle of getting finished at Naas and I was up and down to Limerick for a few weeks over the period and I got plenty of stone chips and badly chipped windscreen too - latter was sorted on insurance by autoglass but stone chips still remain.

I looked into repairing them too but a bad job can make them look worse. The problem is that they are far more noticable on a dark car especially when they go through to the white primer underneath.

Not that its much consolation, but the first few chips are the hardest to stomach... after that you just get used to them.

Best of Luck
    Paddy

Advertisement