Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First service cost - Nissan Micra '05

Options
  • 01-04-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

hi there,

my micra just hit 20k miles and I'm about to get it service. any idea how much should it cost? I've heard that garages like charging women more thinking they have no clue about the work they've done...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

:eek: 3 years old and only its first service??

hard to know what the cost would be

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

I got my car serviced with advanced pitstop and its a standard price of 180 for any car with an engine under 2 litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

a non-dealer garage you are looking between 140-150 euro for a standard service if you car need brakes or anything else they will be extra but the cost of checking them should be included in the service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

yeah, I know 3 years seems like a good bit of time, but I got this car only 2 months ago. p.s. bought it of adverts.ie, went through the hell to get the ownership transfered.

I looks like I'm paying a visit to the 'advanced pitstop' in next couple of days...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

according to service schedule for 3 years 45000km its 1.5 hours and its mainly checks apart from replace oil and oil filter,brake fluid and coolant/ anti freeze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd go to the main dealer for this one.
    I generally dislike Advance too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Take it to a Nissan Main dealer, they will (should) give it some TLC for its first service.

Have to say buying a 3 year old car that has never been serviced is really asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

siralfalot wrote: »
    :eek: 3 years old and only its first service??

I'd have to agree. Leaving it that long is negligence and could easily invalidate any warranty (if any) that remains.

car is going to nissan dealer for service the next wednesday, I just hope the bill I'll get won't break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

Ask them about any recalls - there might be one on the ignition barrell

• Advertisement

got it servised today. invoice to follow...

Invoice09042008sm.jpg

Advertisement