Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpenter in Balbriggan?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum being area specific and all that.. Can anyone recommend a good Carpenter/ Handy man to put up bookshelves in Balbriggan? We would like to have proper solid wood shelves mounted in an alcove on the wall. Do you know if we would have to have the wood cut and ready, or would a good carpenter be able to measure the space and get the materials him/herself? Would a carpenter even come out for such a minor job. Sorry for all the questions, just new at this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Callie

Thanks Buck, I'll give him a call and let you know how we get on. Thanks again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi Callie,

Don't know if you got sorted out but have used Steve Forrest (a kiwi) - does top quality work! Have sent pm with his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

minikin wrote: »
    Steve Forrest
    Great name for a wood worker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Can just imagine a Steve Irwin look a like

"Crikey, here we have an absolutely massive oak tree, what were gonna do first is play with it, just look at those massive branches swaying in the wind" Four hours of undiluted excitement later and yo have a book shelf.

• Advertisement

you have no idea how right you are... he's a bit of a character alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Callie

He sounds like a lot of fun! We actually went with Buck's suggestion who arrived the same day we rang him. Unfortunately still wating for him to come back - "possibly next week". Now I'm almost hoping he doesn't show, so we can ring the Steve Irwin chippie!!

would be worth talking to him anyway - he takes take pride in his work, has a website and everything... not your typical chippie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sean_ie

Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old but was just wondering if Steve Forrest is still around. I'm looking for some custom made natural wood shelves - 5 of them with dimensions 90x25 cm - to fit into a living roon alcove. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Seán

Hi Sean_ie,

Steve has returned to 'the land beside the land down under' unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

Hi

Just wondering if you found a carpenter. I am looking for someone in the Balbriggan area to do a small job. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Hi, I recently got a new wardrobe fitted in the Balbriggan area. His price was resonable & got the job done quickly & we were very happy with finished result. Got his details from a friend who had used him about a year ago. I will pm you his details if you like.

Advertisement