Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Encouraging TNA News

• 01-04-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

- Early projections are that TNA will be "significantly profitable" in 2008. TNA has many revenue streams coming in, including rights fees for Impact, the increase in demand for their talent, the upcoming Midway Video Game, overseas TV rights sales and house shows. With these taken into consideration TNA is expected to turn the corner financially, even with their PPV buy rates being lower than they were.

- Panda Energy has not had to put any money into the promotion for over a year, which means that TNA has actually become a self-sufficient company. The feeling is that the company either broke even or made a small profit in 2007.

- Jeff Jarrett wants to take the TNA product in a more serious direction, ala the Angle vs. Joe build. Jarrett wants more in ring time and the serious edge, while Vince Russo likes doing more pre-tapes and promos, and adding cute lines to them. Dutch Mantell wants what ever Jeff Jarrett wants.

- The World X-Cup is set for May, but nothing official has been announced for a Team Mexico or Japan yet.
    Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If their feuds are a little more believable, I'd have no problem watching TNA each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I knew that Nash T-shirt was money.

Nash_med.jpg

I'd like to see the breakdown of what exactly is making them profitable and the precise actual figure but fair play to them.

They have yet to convince me to give them any of my money yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Good news for them I guess. They could make so much more if they got people buying their PPVs though! I'd love to see how they'd get on now without Russo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fozzy wrote: »
    Good news for them I guess. They could make so much more if they got people buying their PPVs though! I'd love to see how they'd get on now without Russo

Have they parted company?

I think it's very promising news and I think that if the video game is well recieved it could give them a massive boost with kids.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Have they parted company?

Only in April Fools jokes! I meant I wonder how they'd get on currently without Russo, as Jarrett wants a more serious direction. Their last period without Russo wasn't really like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I think that is the best news the wrestling business could ask for. TNA dont get enough credit for coming from nothing to where they are today in 5/6 years.

I think video game can be huge if it lives up to expectations, people are fed up of SDVR and since it went multiplatform there has been no alternitive out there at all. If it can do what it is aiming for and be as good as no mercy for the N64 it will have a nice cult following.

I think video game can be huge if it lives up to expectations, people are fed up of SDVR and since it went multiplatform there has been no alternitive out there at all.

http://www.hookedgamers.com/articles/review/353/fire_pro_wrestling_returns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I knew that Nash T-shirt was money.

Nash_med.jpg

I'd like to see the breakdown of what exactly is making them profitable and the precise actual figure but fair play to them.

They have yet to convince me to give them any of my money yet though.
    I'd buy that shirt :p it's better than Cena's Latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think the shirt is savage, so simple in the front yet complex round the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Fozzy wrote: »
    I could have mentioned fire pro and have to had delt with the "what's fire pro" response, but I chose not to and saw your response coming. So while we are on the topic, where can I get it? and is it worth the cash? The 2D graphic really put me off.

• Advertisement

I could have mentioned fire pro and have to had delt with the "what's fire pro" response, but I chose not to and saw your response coming. So while we are on the topic, where can I get it? and is it worth the cash? The 2D graphic really put me off.

The graphics aren't great but everything else about the game more than makes up for it in my opinion. The latest European version was released this year but it's only on sale in Italy. There's info on it here: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8960&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=675 A lot of people ordered from here: http://shopping.multiplayer.it/videogiochi/playstation-2/fire-pro-wrestling-returns.html and apparently you can get a €10 discount too: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12934

Plenty of info on that forum. My take is that it's the best wrestling game since No Mercy

Advertisement