Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soundtrack to gtaiv?

• 01-04-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what sort of songs have been signed up to be included in the radio stations yet? Its being set in the present but do you reckon theyll have 80s and 90s along with the usual talk stations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd imagine the ability to make your own with your mp3's and possibly the ability to play internet radio stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Cremo wrote: »
    i'd imagine the ability to make your own with your mp3's and possibly the ability to play internet radio stations.

More than likely, á la Saints Row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Not sure a few of the radio stations are on the rockstar site. I hope it will be more modern music. Vice City was all 80s, San Andreas was all 90s IV has to be new modern stuff, well I hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

modern music is a load of **** though. itd be full of emo and crap rap stuff along with kelly clarkson and the others

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope you can add your own music. Thats the best thing about the pc versions of GTA (as well as the better graphics, better controls etc...). If you can do that with the 360 version, i'd be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=electrochoc&content=interactive0
    Not sure if that has been posted already, but a proper electro channel hosted by Francois K... *fap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

1going to be crappy music as usual with soem exceptions... meh , typical american coders...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

S.I.R wrote: »
    1going to be crappy music as usual with soem exceptions... meh , typical american coders...

All GTA's have had great music.....like there is not one song I didn't like in SA, the blend was amazing.

Seriously you can't just say 'crappy' music because you like Oasis, or that Dublin band with the Junkie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hope they also d a few piss-take songs as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

All GTA's have had great music.....like there is not one song I didn't like in SA, the blend was amazing.

Seriously you can't just say 'crappy' music because you like Oasis, or that Dublin band with the Junkie.

Must've been either a troll, or an attempt at irony...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭genericgoon

the_syco wrote: »
    Hope they also d a few piss-take songs as well :D

And more importantly piss take DJs :D 'It aint no thing but a chicken wing'' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i didn't like a lot of the music in SA cuz i don't particularly like rap and hip hop. Loved the all the music in VC and GTA3. i'm looking forward to some good tunes in GTA4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

S.I.R wrote: »

:rolleyes: The GTA games are developed by Rockstar North, who are based in Edinburgh.

suppafly wrote: »
    i didn't like a lot of the music in SA cuz i don't particularly like rap and hip hop. Loved the all the music in VC and GTA3. i'm looking forward to some good tunes in GTA4

To be fair though I wasn't exactly the biggest country music fan, but today 'hey good looking what ya got cookin' and 'in the desert no one remembers your name' are all residents of my Ipod.

Hell at the time I hated 'rocker' music...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

'in the desert no one remembers your name'

You mean 'Horse With No Name'. Anyone remember the lyrics "The menfolk found their women scary coz they were so big and hairy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

I just hope the radio chat shows and advertisements are as funny as they used to be :D

"They've taken your family hostage"

"But im not married ! "

"You are nooooow"

And

"I'll cry.....when im done killin!"

But yeah i hope they dont mess the soundtrack up with today's pop/rap crap ;(

To be fair though I wasn't exactly the biggest country music fan, but today 'hey good looking what ya got cookin' and 'in the desert no one remembers your name' are all residents of my Ipod.

Hell at the time I hated 'rocker' music...

When i frist played through the game i only listened to the rap and the likes, second time since i had overplayed anything i only listened to K-Rose(country music) bar 2/3 songs i loved the rest and have a few in my computer now!!

Everybody from the top:
    ''....ALLLLLL MY EX'S LIVE IN TEXAS....'' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tman wrote: »
    http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=electrochoc&content=interactive0
    Not sure if that has been posted already, but a proper electro channel hosted by Francois K... *fap*

I think I just came a little there meself....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Now that it's been leaked. Does anyone have a full soundtrack listing of all the stations yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pocketac3s

Just watching the stream there, Kanye West Flashing Lights is one track.

I want this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

smashing pumpkins - bullet with butterfly wings is another track.

if that's the quality of tracks on the rock station screw listening to mp3's or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

ah christ thats savage. the music was a little disappointing in SA overall considering the classics that could have made it(except GNR and Stone roses of course). since this game is modern day, anything could turn up. awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Hope Lazlo has a good input, quite funny in the other radio stations. Think he scripted a few too

I believe Laslow is the guy at rockstar in charge of the radio stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Here's a comprehensive breakdown of the soundtrack. Some crackers in there. Can just imagine blaring Jim Jones 'We Fly High' as I speed across the Brooklyn Bridge with the Manhattan skyline towering over me :pac: :pac:

Sweet. Last time I saw that, there were only a few tracks up there.

Lots of great songs I know there. Most I don't, but what I love about GTA is how it introduces you to loads of cool songs, you'd never have heard of otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

big budget soundtack. i see iggy pop and juleitte lewis are 2 of the djs! have they nothing better to be doing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Looks very nice. I kinda liked having a classical music station though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Holy Christ, thats the best soundtrack I've ever seen :O
    Justice, Simian Mobile Disco, Black Sabbath, Daft Punk, The Who, and loads more:O
    OMG :):):)

• Advertisement

Daft Punk? Class.

I really want to wait for the game to see who's on the rap/Hip Hop stations.

Advertisement