Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what annoys you most about the man in your life

Options
  • 01-04-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

ladies.
    does your fella do things that really tick you off at times but you forget about it cause your mad about him??

mine doesn't make a comment about what im wearing espically if i make an effort for him. i know he likes it but a commenet wouldn't go astray. :eek:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

nothing

is not another thread for this kind of thing :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

That he can never hear me over the sound of how awesome he is :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The snoring (sleep apnoea), the farting, he has crazed fits of cleaning and very specific about how things are placed, tendancy to tell me something - forget he told me and tell me again (several times over), always takes the p*ss out of people but can't handle it himself, racist, sexist, bad taste in music and clothes (great taste in women though ;) )

But sure, he'll do for now :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ah hear that man needs a pin put into his head to deflate his ego. i dated a guy for a while who was like that. was too tiring in the end. can't date a guy who's ego is bigger than me (5 ft)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Abigayle wrote: »
    The snoring (sleep apnoea), the farting, he has crazed fits of cleaning and very specific about how things are placed, tendancy to tell me something - forget he told me and tell me again (several times over)

:eek::eek::eek: My fiance is obviously cheating on me!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

:eek::eek::eek: My fiance is obviously cheating on me!!! ;)

Hes all yours! :pac:

Seriously, the list could go on and on.. Dunno if theres much point complaining, bar the cleaning fits I have probably described most Irish men :D

I better leave before Im flamed alive :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The only thing that annoys me about his OH is his inability to remember things.

He'll start telling me something or ask me something and I'll say we had this conversation last week. He'll argue and say he doesn't remember then I'll tell him exactly how the conversation went and what we both said. Of course, he can't remember at all.

Sometimes I worry about his brain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

OP, it's most and not must.

My bf has to plan everything in excel spreadsheets (like our upcoming holidays). He makes shopping lists. Drives me totally nuts! He's way too organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

LOL watna, and there was me thinking you'd say your only problem with him is that he's 10,000 miles away ;):D

Cathooo wrote: »
    LOL watna, and there was me thinking you'd say your only problem with him is that he's 10,000 miles away ;):D

Yes, that does annoy me too! Only for another 2 weeks and 3 days though (not that I'm counting or anything!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

watna wrote: »

He'll start telling me something or ask me something and I'll say we had this conversation last week. He'll argue and say he doesn't remember then I'll tell him exactly how the conversation went and what we both said. Of course, he can't remember at all.

ya i had the exact same prob with an ex of mine. i swear the man had no memory what's so ever. kinda thought he was messing for the first month or two then it just go seriously annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

He cant cook, god love him...

And when he does you can guarantee that mashed potatoes and beans will be served with the meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

watna wrote: »

Lol, mine does that too. Except when he realises, he just says "it sounds better when I say it":rolleyes:

Ah no, I do get a chuckle outa that though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

His ability to watch any type of sport all the time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Being single, the man in my life at the moment is Ger Gilroy, who wakes me up every morning by murmuring sweet nothings to me on Newstalk 106. While i'm sure that some of the problems mentioned upthread also apply to Ger, as our relationship is conducted in a one way fashion across the air waves i can remain in ignorant bliss about his hygiene, memory and cooking skills.

Oh, Ger, if only you could ease up a little on the sports obsession and stop charging 30c to text you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

His inability to accept help in any shape of form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭[WoW]

stealing the blankets at night, always thinking hes right about EVERYTHING and forgetting things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I think my guy is having an affair with all of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jules wrote: »

Giggidy ! :pac:

Quagmire.jpg

Glad to know I'm not alone.

He's also annoying me over the past few weeks because of text messages. We're texting all during the day to stay in touch while he's away and it seems like to me he's not reading them. He'll ask what I'm up to for the day and I'll say, for example, I'm going to meet x for lunch. I'll get a message back later saying cool, a nice day at home. How was it? Again it's part of his forgetfulness/brain malfunction but it's so irritating!

Also, Anti... how you dooooin! shh, quick, jules is coming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Unaton wrote: »
    OP, it's most and not must.

My bf has to plan everything in excel spreadsheets (like our upcoming holidays). He makes shopping lists. Drives me totally nuts! He's way too organised.

Eh, this is a rare complaint. i WISH my OH was this organised.

The most irritating thing (I do love him by the way!;)) is his inability to do more than one thing at once - how feeble!:D

and also having to coax him into doing things - just fOOking do it, I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

His general indifference to text messaging annoys me sometimes when I want to chat about stuff during the day, "but I prefer to hear your voice" is what he usually says when I ask why he doesn't text me more. Sure you do, lazy git:D

Do you know what else annoys me, When your in a deep sleep... Dead to the world... And you get the nudge in the back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

He nitpicks....and I mean loads, I love him he just melts my head

Quality wrote: »
    Do you know what else annoys me, When your in a deep sleep... Dead to the world... And you get the nudge in the back...

a nudge as in 'will you pop down and get me a glass of water nudge' or 'the nudge'??

LOL:D

'the nudge'??

LOL:D

Yeah that one;);)

And I dont mean getting nudged with his elbow either..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Nothing wrong with getting that kind of nudge, especially at 3am!

Yeah that one;);)

And I dont mean getting nudged with his elbow either..

LOL - hate that:D

Play dead, hold you're breath if you have to - tis the only way!!!:p

Nothing wrong with getting that kind of nudge, especially at 3am!

He will just nod off straight after, I will spend the next hour or two lying in bed trying to get back to sleep. I dont settle down too good..:(

And a tired quality, is a cranky quality.
    LOL - hate that:D

Play dead, hold you're breath if you have to - tis the only way!!!:p

Sometimes I let a growl at him... But lying there like a sack of spuds usually kills his desire.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sometimes I let a growl at him... But lying there like a sack of spuds usually kills his desire.:D

A quick spritz of water will soon make quick work of any piss horn he has !

Advertisement