Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what annoys you most about the man in your life

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

My main annoyance is his inablity to close presses/cuboards after opening them. It used to be like a whirlwind passed through my kitchen and opened every single cuboard!! He's much better now :)

Another annoyance is that he has mini crisises about his goals in life every month or so. I'd have no problem with them if he actually did something about them! He's very good at procrastinating.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

b3t4 wrote: »
    My main annoyance is his inablity to close presses/cuboards after opening them. It used to be like a whirlwind passed through my kitchen and opened every single cuboard!! He's much better now :)

A

Oh God that is soooo annoying, every time I go into my kitchen, I always have to close the press doors. I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

He never used to rewrap the cheese before putting it back in the fridge. So the cheese would go hard and horrible. So I used to do it.

The lesson: I continuously rewrap the cheese, man learns nothing. I leave the cheese to go hard and horrible a couple of times. Man doesn't like hard horrible cheese. Man learns to wrap cheese himself. Hooray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

He's unbelievably laid back....to the point where he's almost horizontal.

Or when I ask him to do something and he'll say, with one eye on the tv/pc, "Yep, I'll do it now." and then he sits there for another hour. If its not important and you'll do it later, TELL ME!

I'm turning into my mother....:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Bored and suffering from insomnia, i turned on laptop to trawl around boards for an hour or so. Stumbled into this forum. Between this thread and the 'how often do you do it', Im glad Im single. Id hate to be so much of a burden to any woman! And yes, three years into single life, im still heartbroken, and I still hate you all! However its getting slightly better, I bought a super new car in Feb, and I think im gonna get a dog from the DSPCA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

he worries too much. that's actually it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think Mae West said it best;
    It's not the men in my life that counts--it's the life in my men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

He never used to rewrap the cheese before putting it back in the fridge. So the cheese would go hard and horrible. So I used to do it.

The lesson: I continuously rewrap the cheese, man learns nothing. I leave the cheese to go hard and horrible a couple of times. Man doesn't like hard horrible cheese. Man learns to wrap cheese himself. Hooray!

I do that too. The only difference is, my OH tried the same strategy as you and now at any point in our fridge we have one wrapped (i.e. unopened) block of cheese, and 52 various unwrapped blocks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

My complaint is when I come home from work and OH is already home watching telly and hasn't bothered to start dinner because he doesn't know what to put on - does my head in, sometimes feel tears welling up in my eyes if i'm really tired and hungry:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

mollybird wrote: »
    mine doesn't make a comment about what im wearing espically if i make an effort for him. i know he likes it but a commenet wouldn't go astray. :eek:

He's a man.

No offence, but eventually you will need to relise there are something we just won't cop on to. This is because we exist in the happy place where the girl we are with looks good all the time.

Weird but close to true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

And what is the 20 mins in the jacks with the news paper all about??

I can never figure that out!

Quality wrote: »

it's generally "Sports pages (10 mins), Problem Page (5 mins), Cartoons (5 mins)" I think.

If there's a "good" problem on the problem page, it can be 23 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

quiet time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Honestly have to say what a bull**** thread! "I love you just the way you are, now change!" Jaysus if you weren't smart enough to do your homework before hand tough!:rolleyes:*

*This comment directed at the serious replys, srsly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its where we go to get some piece and quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

tbh wrote: »
    it's generally "Sports pages (10 mins), Problem Page (5 mins), Cartoons (5 mins)" I think.

If there's a "good" problem on the problem page, it can be 23 mins.

Thanks for the insight, tbh.

Now i know why my OH gets so annoyed when I keep knocking on the door and asking what he's doing in there!

watna wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight, tbh.

Now i know why my OH gets so annoyed when I keep knocking on the door and asking what he's doing in there!

you're probably knocking during the problem pages photo-casebook. I know I get a little tense when I'm trying to find out if the girl stays with the boring bloke, or goes off with the arsehole. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

He's lazy and has no idea of what romance is. Look what I've gotten myself into! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Can i ask why you are with these men, because most seem to really dislike them ?

irishbird wrote: »
    Can i ask why you are with these men, because most seem to really dislike them ?

A question i have wondered ever since first stumbling in to the Lounge and a lot of the other forums.

I mean, i have seen ladies here saying very contradicting things in threads about their other halves within a few days or each other.

Do the moods really change so much or is it just a case of some of you gals are genuinely messed up?

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »

Do the moods really change so much

can i just check something, you have actually met women, right?

I love my OH to pieces. He's my favourite person in the world. But it doesn't mean he's perfect, nobody is. He still does things that annoy me, and he'd say the same thing about me.

If you're in a relationship where you think there's nothing wrong with your partner at all then something's not right or you've only been together a few months! We all have our flaws. You love someone because of them, not in spite of them.

If someone wants to start a thread entitled "talk about wonderful your OH is"... do you think that would go down well? or would someone find some reason to complain about that too? I'm sure they would.

tbh wrote: »
    can i just check something, you have actually met women, right?

Nope. :D

In all seriousness NONE of my female friends are this moody, ever.

Makes me appreciate them all the more. :)

So im assuming your gay ? If not then i appologise. But yeah, womens moods do tend to change quite alot, and for no apparent reason God knows why though. And the reason your female friends arn't like that with you is either:

a, You have met the super breed of women !
    b, They dont see you the same way they do their partners and act accordingly.

What are you blathering on about now...everyone has their own foibles and bad habits.
    It is nothing to do with moodiness.
    It simply means that both people in the relationship have their own personality and a bit of perspective on the object of their adoration.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

watna wrote: »
    . He still does things that annoy me, and he'd say the same thing about me.

well, maybe i am being stupid here, but why dont you just tell him to stop doing the things that annoy you and then he wont annoy you anymore.

i get annoyed at things when i am tired or hungry but i dont generally "you annoy the crap out of me" feeling which ALOT of the peoples here seem to have, not everyone but ....

well, maybe i am being stupid here, but why dont you just tell him to stop doing the things that annoy you and then he wont annoy you anymore.

i get annoyed at things when i am tired or hungry but i dont generally "you annoy the crap out of me" feeling which ALOT of the peoples here seem to have, not everyone but ....

Yes, I should tell him to grow a better memory. That's rational.

We've lived together for over a year now. That's a lot of time to be in each other's pockets. of course he will annoy me occasionally, and notice how none of the ladies who posted above said how often they feel this way. it might be once in a blue moon. For me, I'd only be annoyed for 2 or 3 minutes about once a month. I think I'm doing alright, thank you very much. Some of the ladies here have been with their bfs/husbands for a long time. Is it wrong for them to be annoyed occasionally or should they blink adoringly at their partners and think they're wonderful all the time?

Because you see someone's flaws does not mean you dislike them.

pros > Cons ftw

Your single arn't you ? I agree with what watna says, you cant just change someone. If you did they wouldnt be them. For example, me and the OH have a few things that annoy each other to the point of frustration. But then we realise that most of it is just to wind the other person up and we just laugh about it

• Advertisement

Anti wrote: »
    So im assuming your gay ? If not then i appologise. But yeah, womens moods do tend to change quite alot, and for no apparent reason God knows why though. And the reason your female friends arn't like that with you is either:

a, You have met the super breed of women !
    b, They dont see you the same way they do their partners and act accordingly.

Why would you apologise for assuming i am gay? I'm straight as an arrow but last time i checked sexual orientation was nothing to be worried about?

And personally i would go for option A, my female friends are pretty ****ing rockin!

Advertisement