Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test Advice

• 01-04-2008 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any advice before I start my third test in Wicklow town??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

I did mine for the 3rd time and passed in Feb...Id say you know this stuff but makes sure you know it. I got a list of the most commonly asked questions from my instructor and learnt them off. I advise getting a pre test about 2 hours before your test as it gets you in the test mode. Go out on the route at the time of your test a few days before so you know what traffic and everything is like.

Your ment to check your mirrors every 15-20 seconds but if you over check you can fail too.

Handbreak goes up at traffic lights unless your one of the 1st 3 cars.

When do reverse around the corner check around you 3 times whilst doing it.

always check your mirrors when taking off..

If your a girl wear dangly long earrings as this catches the testers eye so they know when you look in your mirrors.

This is what my teacher told me and I passed only got 1 grade 1...Its all about controlling your nerves.Which is alot easier said than done!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Make sure to give yourseld plenty of time to get there. I arrived 6mins late for my test after getting stuck in really bad traffic and was told to go home that they wouldn't take me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Arrive early for your test!!!
    I was 1/2 hour early and the tester was well pleased I was his last he could go home early!!!!
    You should do a pre-test the day of your test that really calmed me down.
    Keatings is a great driving school know alot of people that have used him I found him great!!!
    I passed my test first time last month :D
    good luck;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Thank you all. I shall reply back if I pass. If I fail, I'm hiding under a rock.....

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

owlwink wrote: »
    Thank you all. I shall reply back if I pass. If I fail, I'm hiding under a rock.....
    You'll be grand!!! You just have to b positive!!!
    Good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 fathead 241188

hi im wondering the day of my full test in wicklow which is this fri, what do i need to bring into test centre with me,
    :confused::confused: im bag of nerves this is my first time doing it, i no wicklow town a bit but not that confident does any1 no who my be the tester doing my test or what am i too expect:confused: pleze heellp any advice would be great:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Passed first time around down in Wicklaw. I was eating those Kalm tablets like smarties, pumped those into me all day. Had no nerves, otherwise don't think I would of passed. My missus taught me to drive, did a couple of test routes down there.

Advertisement