Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, Where is good primary school in Cork city?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Sleephead wrote: »
    Appreciate the thread. A good read.

Has anyone any insight into Greenmount National School and Chriost ri National School? Moving to the Cork area and those 2 are near where I will be working and hopefully living.

Any thoughts would be great.

if it helps, my brother and a few neighbours of mine went to Chriost rí and they all hated it, more the secondary school than the primary, but nether were great experiences, and they all suffered academically there.

i met children in after school who attended glasheen and greenmount and they loved it and were getting on great academically,

my husband went to spiorad naomh in bishopstown, it was also a great school it may be worth looking at. they also did fantasticly in their school evaluation

you can read up on how a school is generally doing here: school evaluations

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Having spoken to all the above mentioned schools and visit some, I'm going to go with Greenmount. Have spoken to some parents with kids currently attending. Ticks a lot of boxes. Lovely warm and modern feel to it with lots of happy children!

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement