Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap 2 tank diesel engine coversion!

Options
  • 01-04-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

anybody knows who does the 2-tank diesel cheap conversion to run by PPO??? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Are you intending running green diesel? Your going to get a slating from the high horse bandits soon I'd wager! I believe the revenue can sample from your fuel lines if they believe something is a miss, so you would be caught out in that respect. However, if you want to go ahead you would need a capable back alley mechanic that is probably a decent welder. Local word of mouth is the only way to find a person to do it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

They don't need to dip you anymore. They have a sensor that they put in the exhaust so if your running on green your screwed anyway. Plus green isn't good for car engines over long periods afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Eh, this is nothing to do with green diesel. The OP is trying to get their car set up to use pure plant oil (similar to biodiesel). There's nothing illegal about that.
    Sorry I can't answer your question, OP, but I hope I've steered the thread back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joy123

astraboy wrote: »
    Are you intending running green diesel? Your going to get a slating from the high horse bandits soon I'd wager! I believe the revenue can sample from your fuel lines if they believe something is a miss, so you would be caught out in that respect. However, if you want to go ahead you would need a capable back alley mechanic that is probably a decent welder. Local word of mouth is the only way to find a person to do it really.

I been driving for last 5 years. I never stoped to check, what i running the car with? they only want to see if i have any tax and insurance and lisance. thats it. just out of courisity, if i run my car with PPO(pure plant oil) ligally what i need to pay to revenue for that?? whats its involve?

i wanted to run my car with PPO , so i was thinking to have a extra small tank for diesel to start the car and stop the car with diesel and then switch it to ppo with original tank. thats how diesel will clean all the ppo in the engine and keep it always ppo free.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joy123

Balfa wrote: »
    Eh, this is nothing to do with green diesel. The OP is trying to get their car set up to use pure plant oil (similar to biodiesel). There's nothing illegal about that.
    Sorry I can't answer your question, OP, but I hope I've steered the thread back on topic.

as far i know there is a garage or some thing called ecocar, they do really good job, but its really expensive. like 2 k , i dont wanna spend 2k on a 98 tdi, thats why i was looking for cheap conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 doubledecker

HI,,,
    I run my doubledecker bus on filtered waste vegetable oil on a two tank system (starting on diesel or biodiesel) and contact the customs/revenue guys for tax to be paid.
    It took them 3 months to get back to me, but stated that 36.8cents (.8!!) a litre must be paid to them per 1000lt. used. This is self calculated and paid with a cheque or money order direct.
    I've heard of a few guys who have been 'dipped', but then again they advertise all over their car what its running on!

anyone know where to get biodiesel in Cork City/county???

Advertisement