Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt Courses/Par 3 Golf

• 01-04-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭

Bit of strange one but with the long evenings slowly coming back,can anyone recommend any Pitch & putt courses in or around Waterford.

I know there used to be Kilbarry, Glass Factory and Katie Reillys but these are all gone now.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

I used to play years ago. I think Ashgrove, out by Mooncoin is still going and also I think St. Otterans might be still there. That's about it other than the one in Dungarvan, but you might not want to travel that far.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

One just outside Tramore but was unable to contact owners to find out anymore info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Take up the old golf only 15 euro if you go around with a member in williamstown,pm me and i will bring you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's a shame that so many Pitch and Putt courses have been sold off and developed on. It's a trend that was seen all over the country in recent years as increasing real estate prices meant that a pitch and putt course was probably the least profitable activity you could be running!

I believe the Tramore pitch and putt course is still operating out in Upper Newtown. I haven't played there in years but from what I can remember it was a fine course which was always well maintained and great value for money. I think St. Otterans course is also still there although I never found it to be well maintained nor did it offer a challenge.

Advertisement