Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries - Freak Storm

Options
  • 01-04-2008 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

We've just had an absolute freak thunderstorm here in past half hour. All hell has broken loose. The wind knocked over my station so I don't know exactely how much rain fell but the place here is sopping. Worse still, the building site up the road had to be abandoned because bits of scaffolding worked loose with the wind and damaged some nearby cars. The lightening was spectacular though but after 20 mins the storm worked its way out to sea. We'd had a beautiful day up to that!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Crumbs! It's blowing a gale in Dub 4 and has been most of the day. Course the only time it rained was when I went out for a walk!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Thats mad - can't see any sign of it on the radar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Yes, we had a tornado here earlier, with some great lightning displays. :)

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Aye, a crazy twister here in Carlow town too!! Half the town is flattened!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Hee Hee!!:D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Yes, I was wondering how long it'd take before people realised what day it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

squonk wrote: »
    The lightening was spectacular though but after 20 mins the storm worked its way out to sea. We'd had a beautiful day up to that!
    Yeah, have witnessed this several times before myself then the fun really begins
    A continuous storm if you ask me;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Not far from the truth 2 days ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Today at about 3pm I looked out the window and there was simply no weather at all, though it was back again by about 3:30. I feckin hate when it does that.

Advertisement