Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woods - Castle Street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

ikea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Heatons:D
    Or better still Marks and Spencers:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Wal-Mart.

Dare I mention the A word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm afraid you have to leave the "Free State" to find one of those! :D:):rolleyes::eek::pac:;):p

• Advertisement

No, lets pretend we don't want it here, then "The Girls" might let them in.

(The A word I mean)

I'm afraid you have to leave the "Free State" to find one of those! :D:):rolleyes::eek::pac:;):p

I couldn't buy from them after all they did to us! :D

I couldn't buy from them after all they did to us! :D

The Swedes?!?

What's the A word btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

speaking of developments in the area, what's going on with the old esb building?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

feck all. Although I did hear a "super rumour" of sorts, people saying that the esb building, permanent tsb and whatever else there is between the corner and woods were being bought up in an effort to make way for a major development. I doubt that would happen given the way the economy is atm though....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

We're not in recession yet Brian, I could easily see a development like that happening there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

That would be a grand place for the A shop.(centre of town keep it revitalised) Makes more sense there then have it in Carraroe ,for f sake! :p:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

have you seen the amount of empty apartments and pointless buildings in sligo town and county? also growth is predicted to be less than 3%, so yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

have you seen the amount of empty apartments and pointless buildings in sligo town and county? also growth is predicted to be less than 3%, so yeah!

I sure have seen them. And I agree with you that they are pointless but developers are not going to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

If you look at the rear of it from Rockwood Parade you will see the top of part of the Development which looks like apartments.

Where's Val with her camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Eh what? Where was I?
    Getting hit in the gob by a bramble this morning taking pics of Ballysadare station (cool place!)

magnumlady wrote: »
    Eh what? Where was I?
    Getting hit in the gob by a bramble this morning taking pics of Ballysadare station (cool place!)

Dogging? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I read somewhere previously that an unused unit around the same area as Woods, was bought by the guy who owns Toffs. They were going to put in a pub and apartments.
    So that could have been either Woods or ESB.

Edit I should have read that page before I posted:
    The hardware, household and toy shop closed in late 2005 having been purchased by the Quinn family, who own the Embassy Rooms, Toffs nightclub and the Belfry pub, as well as the retail park at Cleveragh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I had heard months back that it would be Heatons but who knows.The whole of Castle Street needs to be revitalised for that part of town to become popular again.The whole street isn't very attractive but hopefully this development will help.

I quite like Castle Street. Foleys & Shoots are decent pubs. The butchers is excellent. The Centra's coffee machine serves lovely coffee. The Cat & The Moon and Argento (not stictly ON the street, but very close!) are handy for pressies for the woman, as is the card shop (for birthdays, valentines etc) and the opticians and beauticians are also both very handy. Not to forget the post office. :)

• Advertisement

There is plenty on Castle Street but the buildings look a bit run down but sayin that so does alot of Sligo apart from the new developments.
    Is there parking planned for this new place where Woods was.

There will be a basement car park, with parking for 59 cars. "No dogging" signs have also been applied for.

There will be a basement car park, with parking for 59 cars. "No dogging" signs have also been applied for.

Your loving your dogging jokes now aren't you.

59 parking spaces doesn't sound like an awful lot especially if there are plans for a department store and apartments.

Thats typical for Sligo though,build a new development and not provide parking spaces and if they do build parking spots,it's a serious shortage of them.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Your loving your dogging jokes now aren't you.

59 parking spaces doesn't sound like an awful lot especially if there are plans for a department store and apartments.

Thats typical for Sligo though,build a new development and not provide parking spaces and if they do build parking spots,it's a serious shortage of them.

There can often be shortfalls in the numbers of spaces provided - especially on developments in "in-fill" sites as due to the limitations of the site, it would be impossible to provide the required numbers. The issue is not just one for Sligo though - it's pretty much nationwide in most cities & towns (and as I'll probably be told again - there's a lot of discussion about this is the planning & construction forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Don't tease me :(

Oh - I miss Ikea so much. I could spend all day there. It's a wonderland.

Xiney wrote: »
    Oh - I miss Ikea so much. I could spend all day there. It's a wonderland.

I really don't think Ikea is that good,if you have seen one you have seen them all.I was in the one in Bordeaux and if that wasn't boring enough I was forced to go up to the one in Belfast,its like a snoozefest...Women and Ikea....eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It's true, most men don't understand the Ikea thing. Especially when they get out of the place where there are couches to sit on while their wife/girlfriend flits around exclaiming at detailing, and into the place where there's all the nifty garlic presses and bendable cutting boards and they kind of just want to off themselves because there's so much more in that section and nowhere to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

What is Ikea? I've never heard of it

takola wrote: »

Takola, its time to come out from under that stone now... :D

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/

• Advertisement

takola wrote: »

Ikea is a religion originally from Sweden. Founded in 1943, it's since spread across Europe. Their massive churches resemble warehouses where people go in their thousands every weekend to worship their flat pack furniture, accessories, bathrooms and kitchens.

Advertisement