Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woods - Castle Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

sueme wrote: »
    Takola, its time to come out from under that stone now... :D

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/

:D It's not easy being from a small town. I feel like I'm always missing things!
    Ikea is a religion originally from Sweden. Founded in 1943, it's since spread across Europe. Their massive churches resemble warehouses where people go in their thousands every weekend to worship their flat pack furniture, accessories, bathrooms and kitchens.

Interesting! Do I have to give all my worldly goods to join? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

No - you have to yearn to replace them with nicer yet affordable worldly goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Yet these new worldly goods will fall apart at the first opportunity...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If you buy the cheapest thing available from Ikea, it's the same as everything else and you can get burned.

However by going up the price scale just a little bit, you can get some VERY high quality, good looking stuff.

We had a table and chairs from Ikea in Montreal, granted we weren't there very long but it was solid wood, and I could tell by its structure that it was very well built and will last 100 years unless it's dropped out of a second floor window or something. It was about the second cheapest set they had, too, around 114 dollars CAD if I remember correctly. My parents' most notable purchase from Ikea are a pair of matching 9' high bookcases, black stained wood with glass doors. They're going on 12 years now, highly used, and the doors are still operating perfectly and the shelves haven't warped in the least bit - despite one of them holding a very heavy set of encyclopedias.

As with any furniture, stay away from particle board and any moving parts that depend on plastic, and you'll be ok.

Advertisement