Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilets in Phoenix Park?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Yeah, chick question! :o

I ride over there and just wondering if there are any, I'm guessing at the cafe, can you just use those, or have to go the cafe (don't wanna leave my bike outside anyway!)

The lack of public loos in Ireland is the bane of my life:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

You need this so :D

/sorry, couldn't resist!/

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i think the only toilet is in the cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

kenmc wrote: »

LOL well done LOL

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Or hook one of these up to a parked car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Cheeky, cheeky Kenmc:D:D

Running shorts I can get away with by pretending to tie my shoes laces, bike shorts are a bit different.:rolleyes:

I'm getting good at finding places to pee in this country anyway and having done the Oxfam Trailwalker 100km walk back in Oz I can spot the right tree at 100 paces!! Not many of em are much good though here till they get their leaves!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i think the general thinking by the authorities is that irish people just can't be trusted to behave themselves in public toilets. it's sad - but they have a point.

i'm so glad i'm a bloke sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

niceonetom wrote: »
    i think the general thinking by the authorities is that irish people just can't be trusted to behave themselves in public toilets. it's sad - but they have a point.

There's enough of that aul' carry on in the park without havin' toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

ozchick wrote: »
    (don't wanna leave my bike outside anyway!)

You aint going to be bringing the bike in with you to a public loo anyway i hope :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm surprised no-one has any locations of the public loo's in the Phoenix Park, yet:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kenmc wrote: »

Not even gong to ask how you knew about that mate! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Not even gong to ask how you knew about that mate! :D

They sell them yokes at festivals now, so there isnt a huge queue at the womens jacks for cubicles if they just need a piss.

and in the shops in holland too, which is where i first saw them, and of course had a good giggle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are (were?) public toilets at the junction of North Circular Road and Infirmary Road.

Roughly where the bus stop is marked here: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.351928,-6.29802&spn=0.004534,0.014269&z=17

I'd be locking my bike if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Victor wrote: »
    There are (were?) public toilets at the junction of North Circular Road and Infirmary Road.
    They've been closed for years.

AFAIK the tea-rooms don't have a toilet, but the restaurant at the Interpretative Centre has toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

just drop into the Hole in The Wall pub beside blackhorse avenue, toiltes are beside the door, lock your bike at the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Farmleigh House has toilets, off the courtyard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

chris85 wrote: »
    You aint going to be bringing the bike in with you to a public loo anyway i hope :D:D

Ain't leaving it outside and not lugging a lock around! Ah in the spacious public conveniences back home there is generally an entrance where you could leave it and hear if someone was coming to nick it. Not likely to happen there anyway, except maybe in the city and we've got too many parks and stuff to cycle in and safe roads to ride on.

Thanks everyone!

The whole lack of public loos in Ireland is rather annoying and frustrating. Only seen them at the beach, but then I guess with all the pubs in Ireland....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah yeah but in fairness, as far as I know any place here serving food or drinks must provide a toilet. Over in Oz I was in several restaurants where the toilet was the nearest public one on the street - very annoying too....

Advertisement