Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanora

Options
  • 01-04-2008 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Is Tanora actually only available in Cork? Or is this just a rumor like:confused::eek:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Certainly limited anyway. I managed to grab some at the tescos by o'connell street in dublin though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

essentially cork. available in a small few spots in dublin. not much else.

and while tanora is specifically cork, red lemonade is an irish thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Boyfriend picked it up in Dunnes George's St recently. I've seen it in a few Dublin Tescos aswell. No other counties though .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

Ya, I always make an effort to look for it if I'm going to Dublin or anywhere out foreign (:D), in Urlingford etc., never managed to find it... Something else to claim as our own:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Wow drinking Tanora is so Cork! they are so crazy up North they dont have this fizzy sugar drink, we're so crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Yummy Tanora, the rebels drink!!!!!!!

Tree wrote: »
    and while tanora is specifically cork, red lemonade is an irish thing.

easy now, tanora is nothing like red lemonade. tanora & jameson, yum! red lemonade & jameson, ugh...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i'm well aware of the differnce. but there are many foodstuffs that ppl take for granted w/o realising they're local. rasa is another drink that's cork only and impossible to get anywhere else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tazzle wrote: »
    easy now, tanora is nothing like red lemonade. tanora & jameson, yum! red lemonade & jameson, ugh...

They both work...

Tanora isn't sweet enough tbh, Irn Bru or Dr Pepper sugarhighs ftw.

your opinion doesn't count liam. asians out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I thought it was a Munster thing? Pretty sure you can get it in Limerick........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Once my friend heard a rumour that they were going to stop making Tanora so we drank loads of it and had a little stockpile going. Then after a month or so we noticed that the stocks in the shops were not depleting at all and I had made myself so sick of Tanora I couldn't drink it for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Tazzle wrote: »
    your opinion doesn't count liam. asians out.

"Zomg Wangkang Jewballs, what an interesting name!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You can get it in Waterford and Limerick, certain of that

And whoever said rasa? WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

When the plastic bottles came out first there a few years ago, everyone went mad. T'was big news at the time! Well, in my limited social circle..:D

rasa! rasberry cordial, savage stuff like

I've had no problems ordering a vodka and rasa around the country, hardly only a Cork thing?

Shush BanzaiBk! things like reality make no sense to these particular notions people have!

Tree wrote: »
    rasa! rasberry cordial, savage stuff like

I don't get this practice of putting resberry or blackcurrent cordial into everything. Surely it covers the delicious flavour of the Tanora. I used to do it to glasses of stout though 'cause of the bitterness.

JaneHudson wrote: »
    I don't get this practice of putting resberry or blackcurrent cordial into everything. Surely it covers the delicious flavour of the Tanora. I used to do it to glasses of stout though 'cause of the bitterness.

People who put cordial into a pint of Beer, what the fvck is wrong with them? do they not know that its disgusting!

• Advertisement

Rasa and Guinness in a glass is the best evar!!!11 though:p

You can get rasa f*cking everywhere ya clown

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I remember as a child seeing tv adverts for tanora maybe 15-20 years ago so it must have been widely available at that point. Sunkist is another one that you don't see in the shops anymore. That was nice.

no you can't get rasa outside cork. honestly.

there;s a massive diffrence between rasa and blackcurrant cordial that a lot of ppl dont seem to be able to comprehend.

I was out in Dublin last night and had a vodka and rasa. It was definitly rasa.

pink and pretend raspberry flavour? ive never been able to find it outside the county

Twas like the Finches stuff you get at home in the plastic bottles in pubs/clubs. Violent pink in colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

You can get rasa f*cking everywhere ya clown
    :)

GO back -- LIE down -- GO to sleep, and dream -- sweet dreams --- I hope that you won't have wet (RASA) dreams :p:p:p

Yes you can. Honestly

I've had rasa in Dublin, Limerick, Tipperary, Galway, Waterford and Cardiff

• Advertisement

People who put cordial into a pint of Beer, what the fvck is wrong with them? do they not know that its disgusting!

TBH I think it's a method for weaning yourself off fizzy drinks and aquiring a taste for grown up drinks like beer. Since the invention of alcopops I don't know why it's done any more though.

Advertisement