Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD fees query?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have attended 1 full year in DIT an have now dropped out in year 2 as the course really isnt for me. I have decided to re-apply to the CAO to hopefully do an Arts degree in UCD. I will more than likely have the appropriate requirements to get into the course however my understanding of the "free university fees" is limited, if anybody could explain this system and how much my attendence in ucd is likely to cost I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

R__J wrote: »
    I have attended 1 full year in DIT an have now dropped out in year 2 as the course really isnt for me. I have decided to re-apply to the CAO to hopefully do an Arts degree in UCD. I will more than likely have the appropriate requirements to get into the course however my understanding of the "free university fees" is limited, if anybody could explain this system and how much my attendence in ucd is likely to cost I would greatly appreciate it.

I think you just have to pay around €4000 for your one year of education that you already did in DIT

It depends when you dropped out in DIT, and how you dropped out. If you dropped out after Christmas, you would have to pay for first year and half of second year in the new course. If you dropped out now, you might have to pay for two years. Contact DIT to confirm that you are no longer down as a student (i.e. that you're officially dropped out). If you just don't turn up to lectures anymore the situation gets a whole lot trickier.

Contact UCD directly to find out the cost of a year's course in whatever you're looking to do, as well as whether you've to pay it in a once off payment or twice a year or whatever.

Advertisement