Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore surfers

Options
  • 01-04-2008 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Im new to surfing and have reciently bought a 10"2 southpoint longboard,
    Im living in Tramore Im really looking for some other surfers in the Tramore area to get some support, Im only starting to get up one the board and havnt quite got the pop up yet but I can get out most days work/family permitting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

10 2" Southpoint ? Jesus you'll catch anything on that !

I surf Tramore a bit but on the smaller days I head down to Bunmahon instead. Theres only a handful of longboarders around it seems to be mostly shortboard based around here.

I surf a 9 2" Sunride myself and one of the lads that surfs with me surfs a 9 Tiki, were only beginners too really so if you happen to see us around come over and say hello (Silver Mazda Pickup).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pbuckland05

I will say hello i I see ya Im in a red punto please do the same I have never hought of Bunmahon is it any good?

Generally the swell is a litle bigger than Tramore, not always though, its a much quieter beach too (vital in the summer as tramore is Jammers !). Its also got more of a rip hazard but its fine as long as your careful.

I would be fairly nervious of rips, Im comfortable enough in tramore I would want to go with someone whos been before so I know what to look out for.
    But I would like to explore other areas.

Rightly so too, no fun getting stuck in a rip i'd imagine, hasnt happened to me yet thankfully but i'm always cautious about it. Myself and another guy got blown out a good bit by a strong wind there one day while sitting out the boards. It took nearly an hour of paddling to get back in. Still lesson learned !

On the days when the surf isnt too great anywhere we usually drive the length of the coast to see wheres best - either starting at dungarvan and working back to dunmore or vice-versa.

• Advertisement

If ya dont mind I would like mayb to headout sometime with you guys My e-mail is pbuckland05@aol.com if its ok just let me know when and where, I would enjoy the company

No worries, we're not going to be around this weekend. Forecast isnt looking too good anyway. Going up the country wakeboarding instead. Ill give you a mail about next weekend though !

Thats cool, again Im not very good at all just a starter I hope Im not a burden on you guys, thanks a mil though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 truiYAH

ok from the information i have
    if i see a red punto

some kook is gonna have their ass trui-ed:pac::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What did he get banned for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

What did he get banned for?

For being a bit of a dick by making a veiled threat against someone, I'd imagine. In fairness, what sort of attitude is that towards someone who's new to the sport making inquiries.

Im confused What threat did the guy make ?? I have no idea sorry.

Advertisement