Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugabe about to leave?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Whether its true or not I think the writing is on the wall this time. Win or lose has has to go. How far more can the country be allowed to sink into the abyss. I hope the evil brute leaves to spend his millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

He's a thug, hope they lynch him on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Good riddance. Hopefully the bastard will be gone soon. Hopefully a deal doesn't include Zanu PF getting control of the parliament or something like that. With Mugabe gone I would hope aid will pour into the country and get it sorted out. All we need to see now is whether MDC are competent enough to get the country back on its feet but I have high hopes.

I'd imagine Mugabe and his cronies won't be hanging around to enjoy their retirement in Harare. They'll probably get a nice place in South Africa to live out the rest of their days since Mbeki seems to be pally with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hope he dies slowly.

How can someone in the 21st Century - since 2000 in particular get away with leading a country to 100,000% inflation, 80% unemployment, a life expectancy in the 30s/40s and the complete desecration of farming land - be allowed get away with it for so long? The obvious beatings handed to Tsvangirai weren't even hidden from the banned press.

Even Mbeki's blind eye aside, it is staggering. If you made it up, it wouldn't sell as a book.

Way too late, it'll take decades to recover..

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭daithicarr

its Africa, thats why they let it happen. it has little noticable impact on the worlds pockets etc. most countrys just dont care enough to do anything about it.

Sure there has been a massive war for years in the Congo with as many as 4,000,000 Dead, but it has recieved little attention or care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

daithicarr wrote: »
    Sure there has been a massive war for years in the Congo with as many as 4,000,000 Dead, but it has recieved little attention or care.

... and the main reason for this war is so that us sophisticated people in the affluent world can get the Coltan so that we talk rubbish on the mobile phones, watch crap on the TV and pron on the the net.

Of course there are many other similar conflicts which have been going on for decades (Chad, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Ethiopia), but as long as developed world can continue to quietly get the minerals out for our consumption lifestyle, you won't hear much about them and how much do we actually care?

Seems like Zanu PF has lost its majority in the parliament. Hopefully the presidential result goes the same way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7326968.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭daithicarr

How do people vote for him?
    Bertie should hire his spin doctors, they must be some of the best in the world.

daithicarr wrote: »
    How do people vote for him?
    Bertie should hire his spin doctors, they must be some of the best in the world.
    I asked myself the same question. You'd think after oppressing his people and destroying the economy that people would thing that 28 years in power was enough got one man. I'd imagine much of this 'support' comes from fear. I was watching the news the other night when they were showing people voting in a polling station. There were soldiers in the polling station with the voters. The government said that they were there to help the elderly and such and such. Might be a good way to nudge people to vote for the 'right' person.

Advertisement