Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ProTools M-Powered?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Once again I need some advice..

I have logic but I do not have a mixing desk for it so I continue to use Pro tools LE with my DIGI 002. I really would like to use Logic and Pro Tools and have one desk for both!

If I purchase the M-audio desk that comes with Pro tools M-powered I can use the desk for both Logic and M powered right?,but...

1. Can I still use my waves plug-ins with m-powered?
    2. Are there any draw backs with M-powered?

Thanks guys

Yours

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Well, the main drawback coming from Logic is that you have a limited track count, as well as the fact that, on my machine at least, Pro Tools is more resource heavy. There have also been well documented issues with M-audio drivers. For me, their latest ones were unusable, but I have complete stability using an older version 1.7.4....you might have some trial and error there with your own system. Not familiar with waves plug-ins at all, but if they're native, they should work, shouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

James Hunt wrote: »
    Well, the main drawback coming from Logic is that you have a limited track count, as well as the fact that, on my machine at least, Pro Tools is more resource heavy. There have also been well documented issues with M-audio drivers. For me, their latest ones were unusable, but I have complete stability using an older version 1.7.4....you might have some trial and error there with your own system. Not familiar with waves plug-ins at all, but if they're native, they should work, shouldn't they?

Hi james!

thanks for the reply,

has anyone got the M-audio project mix and are they using it with Pro tools M-Powered and logic 8?

Advertisement