Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Express Match car website

Options
  • 01-04-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi

Just been contacted by a car website called expressmatch.eu in regards to a car that I have for sale in a free adverts paper, basically for the fee of €150, they would put other ppl in contact with me who they "have on their books" in the local area who are looking for the type of car that I am selling ... it sounds a bit bogus to me as they were looking immediately for visa/mastercard details for the advert, just wondering has any body had any experience with them or that, I think they also trade under a .co.uk website also, after a search on Google I have found this

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

It's a well know scam. There are a couple of threads on here about similar outfits.

Apart from the advertising fee you have already paid, you should not part with any more money to these people looking for a "finders fee".

It is certain that no potential buyer exists and you will be out of pocket.

http://www.carshowonvid.ie/fraud_alert.php

Good luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Cheers keefg... yup I was thinking it was alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Scam, run a mile. They will take your money and you'll never hear from them again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Total scam - don't even reply to them, they'll hound you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonieMc

• Advertisement
Advertisement