Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having Fun. ^^

• 01-04-2008 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey. :)

I'm a first year student who transfered here a few months ago and never bothered joining any societies or anything else. The friends I made advised against joining them because "there's no point..." but now, mainly because I don't live in student accomadation, I find myself bored day in day out with absolutely nothing to do.

I know it's a bit late to be asking - what with a month left and all - but is there any point in joining a society this late in the year? If so, what society would be the best to join? I don't know alot of people because my class is pretty small and because I missed out on the introduction at the begining of the year so i'm looking for something that's easy to get into and all around lots of fun.

Thanks a mill. : )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I find myself bored day in day out with absolutely nothing to do.....

If so, what society would be the best to join?

Bored day in and day out, christ, if only I could say that, I have a club you could join, the one where you do all my college work for me so I can have some freedom :D

Ah no, I dont know what you could join, I guess most will recommend drinking or something :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 clara98

It's probably a bit too late to be joining anything now. I always wanted to join a club/society but never had the guts to join on my own and could never convince anyone else to either.. just finishing my fourth year now so won't ever get the chance, but i recommend you join sign language next year, i've heard it's good fun and could be very good on cv. I suppose for the time being you could just concentrate on studying for summer exams. Best of luck. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

wat are ya interested in? the easiest one i know of is compsoc. ya jsut turn up and play computer games. any other society will need ya to learn stuff, like fencing or drama or sign language. they all seem pointless at this stage.

then again, i dont know wat other societies they are. there could be some decent oes ya cud join where u dont have to learn anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

the obvious question here is as B_Man said... What are you interested in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

clara98 wrote: »
    It's probably a bit too late to be joining anything now.

I'm afraid i would concur with this, if your expecting to learn anything anyway. If you're looking for a way to simply consume time, i'd recommend studying (in case a lecturer is watching) or if you're simply looking to meet people, get a job, then you have work buddies coupled with money for meeting new people on nights out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

ShayK1 wrote: »
    the obvious question here is as B_Man said... What are you interested in?

Dear god know, say it isnt so! B Man made sense?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Secret Societies ftw!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Dear god know, say it isnt so! B Man made sense?!

"Brrrr" said the Devil...

Advertisement