Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie Laserblast Team

• 01-04-2008 8:23pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Evening folks,

Laserblast in Tramore is starting a mini-league which will be held on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. Teams of 5 (with 5 reserves) need to be created to have a team.

Is there any interest on Boards to create a special "Boards" team? Might be a good craic!

Ill confirm additional details later. If interested, let me know :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

sounds good to me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Have you played before? Anyway, send me on your name & number and ill put you down. As soon as I get more info ill pass it on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Hey man, I would deffo be up for it :D. I have only played 3 or 4 times in the past ( they were a long time ago and were not technically laser blast. I played Q-Zar in the liesure zones chain up in Dublin and I played something similar in a another place). If its knock out I am not really that interested though .

Should be a good laugh :D .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not sure what the plan is with regards to picking winning teams, ill find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Would be interested in this too, the only problem I can see is that I have to travel for work on ocasion, would that be an issue ? I havent played either.

(if this goes ahead could we get in some 5 VS 5 practice rounds in first :) ?)

• Advertisement

c - 13 wrote: »
    Would be interested in this too, the only problem I can see is that I have to travel for work on ocasion, would that be an issue ? I havent played either.

(if this goes ahead could we get in some 5 VS 5 practice rounds in first :) ?)
    If we have reseves then that wont be a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Are you sure its not on Mondays and Tuesdays, not Tuesdays and wednesdays? I ask, because I was down there last Thursday and saw the poster and it said Monday and Tuesday! Maybe they changed it!

Tbh, I cant remember for sure. Its why I will have it confirmed tmrow.

If you say its Mon/Tues ill take your word for it. I cant remember what I read, as its been in planning for some months now and iv been speaking with them about it for a while. When they made it offical, I meant to get back and sort it out but I only got around to it yesterday and that was only partly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What would the average age of a team be? I can't help but think it would be full of 6th class children!

Update::
    This league will run on Monday and Tuesday evenings (depending on overall numbers) in the evening after 7PM at a cost of €6 per night (instead of the usual €8). The league is not a knock-out. At the end of the league the winners are selected based on the amount of points they have.

At present we are the only people who have properly enquired and I have been told if there is enough interest that we can have our own league. Therefore, I cant answer the question about age groups but I would never put us in with kids (what do you take me for?!).

They are open to suggestions on how you want the league to run. Its not set in stone so if you have ideas - fire away. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement