Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kalash AK 74 Discussion

Options
  • 01-04-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Didn't realise they changed the hand guard, i really hated the original one it looked terrible imo. Very nice review bullets,i'll be getting one of these at some stage for sure, i love AKS74Us awesome looking things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

the handguard looks better than the plastic version but still does not look like 'wood' as it where very low quality compared to the metal work, i would recommend anyone with any interest to get some real wood for not very much, would be nice to get some fps reading latter on.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Yeah, I think changing to RS wood would be much better.

Cocking handle has broke off and the hook that holds the stock while it's folded has broken as well :(.

Cocking handle has broke off and the hook that holds the stock while it's folded has broken as well

i know the cocking handle is a common thing to break on this version have not hear of many issues with the stock thought so that is new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

The problem I had with mine was the front site where it clamps around the barrel cracked through so it doesn't grip on to the barrel. It was roughly disarmed from a terrorist at T4BB and smashed against a generator. It didn't take the knock very well as it is cast. Now this results in it swiveling about making aiming useless and will break off quite easily now. Hence it never got skirmished.

Oh and I was looking on my new ak and the selector locks into position with a click because the switch is designed with a slight bend in it. So it really bites into the groove to lock it into position. I'm going to try replicate this in the Kalash and see if this holds strong. Having to tape it into auto kind of does away with any hint of safety if you want to take it to a skirmish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm not sure if i should get one of these or an SRC version...

• Advertisement

both are good options, the metal work on the dobys is far superior to me anyway but then you have the issues of getting a downgraded version, I've been unable to find much information on the src version though

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

zero19 wrote: »

Kalash one is far superior to the SRC one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Anyone happen to know what midcaps will fit this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

MAG brand midcaps will fit some of the RK's without modding, others will need a small amount shaved off the mag catch, about 1mm off to get them to lock. VFC midcaps won't fit unless about 2mm minimum is taken off the mag catch, G&G mags should be the same. Since DBoys used a non standard sized mag lip on the high caps you'll probably have to mod for most mid cap makes.

Ta Fiach, its the MAG ones on ehobby i was thinking of getting, hard to tell from the pics which ones would look the best between the plum and the different bakelite's they have.

• Advertisement

the mag mags are great would recommend them to all, as was previously mentioned you may need to shave a bit of the mag catch but that is not a big issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

The Plum mags are great looking, I picked up two boxes of them. The Bakelites aren't bad but would need some work to get them to look like real ones, although all Airsoft Bakelites I know of are like that.

although all Airsoft Bakelites I know of are like that

agree the plum are the best looking out of the box, but the bakelites can look really nice with a bit of work

There plastic arent they? Dont like the idea of painting a plastic bakelite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yeah they are plastic, hence the bargain price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Bar making one out of bakelite, I dont know if there is a better option.

slopping varnish on and swirling it round is the height of "painting" you will do to it.

red-alliance.com should have tips on how to do it well.

I havn't looked into it yet I have to admit though :D

edit: http://www.red-alliance.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

any one know any good red dots and mounts i can get for my kalash/dboys rk-01?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Anyone know what after-market hand-guards will fit on the Kalash RK-03 (AKS-74N)? I'm looking to replace the wooden hand-guards with the more modern black plastic ones and get an AK-74M stock.

I found these but I don't know if they'll fit as they say "fits Marui AKs": http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-kit-ak74m-bk.html

Advertisement