Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamers Guinness Book Of World Records

Options
  • 01-04-2008 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Anyone else seen this yet?

i justheard about it and i only know that Kane is listed the logest running computer game charactor/actor (Wahoo). Joe Kucan seemed quite chuffed about it.
    Its a good idea because the regular guinness book only had 2 pages to gaming and i always found it interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Yeah i seen it in Game, I think it was 15 or 20 Euro, Bit expensive for the size of it. It would be better to fit it into the Guinness book of records.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got it as a present, it's really cool. Most gaming franchises are covered, it's all very interesting (in a nerdy sort of way). If you're tempted, go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Bought it myself last week when I was picking up Mario Galaxy, it was crying out to me from its display as I queuing to pay.
    It's perfect jacks reading and has plenty of interesting facts and tit bits. One thing I am a little disappointed in is the arcade game section being an oul lad myself, they have a section for the top 50 or 100 or similar arcade games but only have a couple of lines for each one but apart from that it's a good read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

ya its is 20 in gamestop f.ucking rap off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

netopia789 wrote: »
    ya its is 20 in gamestop f.ucking rap off

Gamestop in Overpriced Product Shock!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

That's the going rate I suspect as the RRP is £15.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Just the sort of thing that would be great when sitting on the throne. Will have a look for it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

It certainly does look like some good dip in and out reading. Just stick in an order on play. Good price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have 2 mates that were invited to the launch night, the video of which is on Xbox Live Marketplace, and they both set records aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

If I remember correctly there was a decent sized segment about this on the first Citizen Game podcast (pilotcast).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Jip wrote: »
    Bought it myself last week when I was picking up Mario Galaxy, it was crying out to me from its display as I queuing to pay.
    It's perfect jacks reading and has plenty of interesting facts and tit bits. One thing I am a little disappointed in is the arcade game section being an oul lad myself, they have a section for the top 50 or 100 or similar arcade games but only have a couple of lines for each one but apart from that it's a good read.

They get there arcade scores from Twin Galaxies. TG have a website with a database you can search. Or you can buy the TG book which has all the arcade records.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Brianb8802 wrote: »

its €20.99 on play or €15.79 for a used one

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

suppafly wrote: »
    its €20.99 on play or €15.79 for a used one

Ah its after changing since the last day. Was €12.49 the other day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

yea thats strange. I put in an order for it at €12.49 just last week. Glad I did now

Advertisement