Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for contracts?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me how long it should take for my solicitor to send out contracts for the sale of my home. Its been 4 weeks since he requested the deeds. I have no idea what other things have to be done, but I am feeling like I am getting the run around. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

Are your deeds with a bank or building society? if so it could take a good two weeks - Solicitor would send a letter signed by you authorising him to take up the deeds - the bank would then get back with an atr form & fee, solicitor would then send off atr fee and form back to bank and then get deeds.

Once Solicitor has deeds in his possession it should take long to draw up a contract especially if property has a folio and is not a Registry of Deeds.

Best thing to do is ring your Solicitor and find out have Contracts been sent to the Purchaser's Solicitor and if not why not?

Advertisement