Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edinburgh?

• 01-04-2008 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi me and three friends all students were thinking about heading to Edinburgh for the summer, has anyone else been there and no the situation regarding jobs accommodation etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭The Failed God

On that note, can anyone reccommend a good student friendly hostel in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Was over there a few years back so I'd imagine the city hasn't changed too much. Try get your accomodation sorted before yo get over there, I didn't and it took ages to get sorted cause ended up getting stuck in a dodgy place(long story, basically got ripped off by this cnut). As regards work, get your national insurance number sorted before you go if you can or at least get it sorted as soon as you get there or you won't geta job anywhere.You should set up a bank of scotland account too, as all wages are paid into your account and was fairly hard to set one up when i was there , but think there's one in waterford.If you have all 3 things sorted you'll be alright. Always loads of work for students during the summer, wages are generally crap though.
    Excellent city though, the music scene isn't as good as Glasgow but the festival is coming up and plenty of cool gigs on then.If you're into mrtal go to the Blackbull bar or movies go to the Cameo, show plenty of weird movies and you cab drink in at it too.But sure, you'll discover all this ****e for yourself.
    Have a good time , it definately one of the nicest cities in Europe, originally went fot a few months ended up staying over a year and would move back in a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You should set up a bank of scotland account too, as all wages are paid into your account and was fairly hard to set one up when i was there , but think there's one in waterford

....eh, no. Two different banking systems. Not connected at all. A Halifax account here won't provide you with a bank account for the UK. That you have to sort when you get there.

Advertisement