Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flights to South America

• 01-04-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, I'm sure this has cropped up before but I would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has traveled to South America

I'm planning a trip to South and Central America for a year, flying into Bolivia (or maybe Peru / Argentina) and flying out from Mexico City. Trailfinders have told us that the best price available (providing we fly out before July) is approx 1,500; this is Dublin - Madrid - Lima - La Paz and from Mexico City - Madrid - Dublin returning. Does this sound reasonable? Anyone any advice on booking flights, alternative routes that might be more economical etc???

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

The 1500 sounds reasonable enough unless you could find cheaper individual ones online. Such as a cheap flight with ryanair to Madrid for around 40. You should be able to fly from Madrid to Buenos Aires for around 500 with aerolineas argentinas. And then just travel overland uptowards Mexico city over the course of a year. Only flights you'd need other than the one home is Colombia to Panama unless you wanted to brave the Darian Gap. Boat travel is just as expensive as flying. Traveling overland from B.A. to La Paz and Peru will also help you accilimatize to altitude as flying into certain parts of Peru and La Paz can take a lot out of you as the air is so thin. Then for your return flight you could also cross the Mexican border into the US and get a flight from Dallas to Dublin for around 500. Thats 1040 to get you away and back. Standalone flights from Mexico City to Europe is quite expensive. I looked into the option before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭conordaniel

try ringing USIT i got flights to lima ,return from sao paulo for just over 900 euro, stop over in madrid, 1 night in madrid hotel included both ways

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

That price sounds fine. Getting from South to Central will cost another bit. You can do it on a boat for $275 for 5 days. It's supposed to be amazing if you do it at a time of the year with good weather.
    Try things like kayak.com for cheap flights as well.

Advertisement