Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone been betting on Ronaldo?

Options
  • 01-04-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight I briefly thought about sticking 50 on him as an anytime scorer needles to say I didn't. Just now it occured to me that if you had placed a tenner on the man to score anytime in every game this season (typical odds 3/1) you'd have to be coining it if you could stomach the early season when he scored few goals.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=35979

I estimate €510 profit so far if 3/1 was overall price and assuming betting on 1 goal per game.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Was thinking the same myself a while ago. Although, must point out that he may have been around 3/1 for anytime scorer at beginning of season he's gotten to the stage where he's that price to score first. Think it was the game against Villa where he was a full two points shorter than Ronney for first goal...7/2 and 11/2 if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damn they're on to him! Just stick on more money then you'd still make a tonne. Ditto Torres if you backed him at home.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

mike65 wrote: »
    Tonight I briefly thought about sticking 50 on him as an anytime scorer needles to say I didn't. Just now it occured to me that if you had placed a tenner on the man to score anytime in every game this season (typical odds 3/1) you'd have to be coining it if you could stomach the early season when he scored few goals.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=35979

I estimate €510 profit so far if 3/1 was overall price and assuming betting on 1 goal per game.

Mike.

might have been 3/1 to score anytime if he was starting a game on the bench but for most of Uniteds games Rooney/Saha/Ronaldo are usually very short odds 10/11, 1/1, 5/4 to score at anytime unless its a huge game in Europe or one of the big teams away.
    Where i would say the value has been with Ronaldo has been betting him each way 1/3 odds 1st 3 goals. For example at home against Villa he was 3/1 to score 1st so backing him each way meant you got paid win and place on the 1st goal but had the fallback of money back if he didnt score 1st but scored the 2nd or 3 rd goal.
    the other one is some bookies used to pay if your 1st goalscorer went onto score the 2nd aswell you got double the odds but they might have passed that up in the ronaldo/torres era!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Not a hope of getting 3/1 on Ronaldo scoring anytime in the Premiership.

I backed him a couple of times at 4's/5's for first goalscorer but that has more or less dried up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Forky wrote: »
    Not a hope of getting 3/1 on Ronaldo scoring anytime in the Premiership.

Agreed. I was on Adebayor during his hot streak and I was getting an average of around 2.2 per game on Betfair. 3/1 would be a complete steal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement